Details: Competitive salary.
With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
The Senior Data Administrator works primarily to assist Working America’s Data Director with data operations and reporting. This position is fixed-term with an expected end date of December 14, 2018.
Reports to: Data Director
- Manage all aspects of quality control with Working America’s membership management database system, contact management systems and field reporting systems. Develop, implement, and routinely evaluate quality control systems, provide monitoring reports and tracking systems for our membership management and reporting systems. Work with Data Director to continually improve and monitor data quality and processing efficiency;
- Lead and manage efforts to implement quality control systems, troubleshoot data errors (both entry and transmission), report regularly on data quality control efforts, and design, implement and execute improvements to existing data systems;
- Create and run reports, counts, and lists for all aspects of membership and program data under supervision of Data Director;
- Provide technical support to national staff with data operations required to support canvassing, member mobilization, organizing activities and all field activities requiring the collection and management of data;
- Develop, implement and evaluate training and support for field offices for relevant data collection systems and create both technical and end-user documentation for data processes. Solicit feedback on trainings and implement improvements, provide follow-up training support. Support Data Director with additional training about technical systems when necessary;
- Manage list provision and reporting to our in-house phone center, lead streamlining improvement efforts for existing data management systems to and from the phone center;
- Analyze member information and e-mail advocacy campaigns and produce reports;
- Develop, implement and evaluate improvements to new and existing data collection and membership management tools, using field tests and working with relevant stakeholders to ensure end-user functionality;
- Develop and document Access databases required for analysis and list management;
- Schedule and implement regular data hygiene processes, including interfacing with vendors and in-house data staff when necessary; monitor and analyze results of hygiene processes to assist further development of data quality control systems;
- Represent Working America data operations with external stakeholders, in meetings and relationships, where appropriate;
- Research best practices in data management and field technical operations. Share, report, and consider application of relevant new developments;
- Research and engage in competitive bid process for required data operations vendors when necessary;
- Assist national staff as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as a data manager for a large membership organization or equivalent;
- Minimum of two years’ experience with using MS Access for database development required;
- Familiarity with programming concepts and SQL required;
- Experience working in the labor movement, for advocacy groups, or political campaigns; union or community organizing experience a plus;
- Experience providing technical assistance or working on technical projects in a labor union, community organization, or political campaign highly desired;
- Experience as an advanced user with Voter Activation Network and/or Catalist QTool systems highly desired;
- Experience maintaining and searching databases, particularly MS Access, required; Ability to write code and SQL statements a plus – particularly coding in php, Python, and r;
- Analytics skills, familiarity with statistics, and experience with analytics packages such as r, SPSS or STATA a plus;
- Familiarity with QuickBase a plus;
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer skills;
- Must work well with a team and work with diverse groups of people;
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities and work independently within the context of a plan;
- Must be flexible, enthusiastic and outgoing.
- Washington, DC
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
Competitive salary and benefits package include health insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution.
Minimum Education Required