RoboFun | Vision Education & Media provides exciting, hands-on after school programs using emerging technologies for PK-12th grade youth. We ignite kids’ passion to explore & solve problems as they learn to invent, build, code and troubleshoot. Our students build and program LEGO® robots, solder DIY electronic projects, create and code video games, shoot stop motion animations, and design web pages.
The Program Coordinator will provide direct and administrative support for all programs across three divisions. The Program Coordinator will manage off site programs that run at schools throughout NYC, including after school, in school, and some weekend programming and special events. The Program Coordinator will also support teacher training and collection of required program documentation. The Program Coordinator will support teachers and teach classes as needed in schools and after school programs throughout the city. In addition to mastering Robofun curriculum, the Program Coordinator will become familiar with and use all inventory and ordering systems for program equipment and supplies.
· Work with off site team to ensure programming runs smoothly.
· Manage all aspects of programs with the goal of ensuring quality programming at all schools.
· Effectively manage communications with relevant stakeholders.
· Be a highly informed advocate of all RoboFun programs.
· Master our curricula and support teacher training for our programs.
· Collect daily and monthly attendance records for all programs and events.
· Support marketing initiatives as needed.
- Create wiki-links for all classes.
- Maintain filing system for all attendance sheets for monthly report.
- Teach classes as a substitute or mentor as needed.
- Conduct observations of mentors and assist in their professional development.
- Coordinate with schools and CBOs on equipment and installation logistics.
- Assist with office/studio operations as needed.
- Assist with all technology trainings and PD for mentors.
Works closely with Program Managers, Associate Director of Programs, and CEO. Work schedule is generally 9 AM-5 PM Mon-Fri. 60% NYC travel and 40% office based. Some schedule adjustments and evenings are required to facilitate programs and oversee projects.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Must have the ability to solve problems and work independently. A strong attention to detail is required. Experience working with children in traditional or non-traditional learning environments is a plus! Strong project, planning, and time management skills are essential. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cooperate with multiple staff members and partners in an efficient and professional manner.
Minimum Education Required