Details: Based on Experience
91 Larkspur Street
About the Organization
For more than three decades Canal Alliance has been the leading service provider and community advocate for Marin's low-income, Spanish speaking immigrants. Canal Alliance helps vulnerable members of this target population acquire the tools they need to thrive.
Canal Alliance University Prep (UP!) is a college readiness and success program designed to support students in their journey to enroll in and graduate from a 4-year university.
The University Prep College Program Supervisor is responsible for monitoring progress and aligning support for youth on their path toward college completion. A successful candidate is a passionate believer in the power of education to improve the lives of immigrant youth and their families, and will be tenacious in their desire to “do what it takes” to ensure that program participants complete college.
The College Program Supervisor works closely with and reports to the Youth Education Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates should have the ability to work Monday-Friday, including some evenings and Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate college program
- Provide case management and progress monitoring for about 50 college students
- Identify needs of students and their families, and arrange for access to support services
- Identify and align internship opportunities for college students
- Support students through their career entry, and track their progress after college graduation
- Design and teach college knowledge classes to middle and high school students in the afterschool program
- Hold office hours at colleges and attend important school events
- Engage families of college students in their student’s education through regular communication, and parent education and empowerment
- Serve as a liaison between University Prep and community partners
- Maintain student information and case notes in Salesforce and Excel
- Perform other related duties as assigned/appropriate
4. Knowledge, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Knowledge of minimum college entry requirements and college application process
- Knowledge of current research and trends in college readiness and completion
- Ability to establish positive and cooperative relationships with students, families, staff, and partners
- Ability to collect, analyze and use data at the student level
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and go beyond expectations in the assignment, task, or job description
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong leadership and classroom management skills
- Valid CA Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
- At least 1-year experience working with first generation college students and/or students from underserved backgrounds
- Bilingual/bi-cultural in Spanish and English required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or other CRM (preferred)
This is a full-time position with benefits. We offer a competitive salary with a benefits package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation a year, 12 days of sick leave a year and 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance. In addition, there are 16 paid holidays annually, a 403(b) retirement plan, a Flex cafeteria plan, long term disability insurance and an employee assistance program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to HR@canalalliance.org. Only electronic applications will be accepted. (Keep it green!) Please indicate “College Program Supervisor – YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email.
Canal Alliance Equity and Inclusion Statement
Canal Alliance actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, ancestry and all other identities represented among our diverse employees.
By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our staff foster a culture of belonging, safety, collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect.
Canal Alliance is committed to the transformation of attitudes and systems that deprive any person or group of these principals.