2 Brookview Street
The agency's mission is to help homeless and at risk families learn the skills necessary to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Our objective is to provide a safe, community setting with customized services that give homeless moms and kids the help and skills they need to succeed. The Case Manager is responsible for providing service plan development, case management and advocacy as well as teaching families the skills necessary to become self-sufficient. The Case Manager also serves as the key contact to outside agencies on program participants' behalf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Complete assessments.
· Develop and implement detailed service plans.
· Meet with program participants as needed.
· Make all necessary referrals.
· Support program particpants during interactions with legal, medical, DTA, DCF, and other agencies, as needed
· Assist program participants to obtain and maintain permanent housing.
· Facilitate educational groups and group meetings.
· Meet regularly with supervisors around program participant issues and progress.
· Present cases at case conferences.
· Assist with marketing program to referring agencies.
· Document program participant progress for inclusion in monthly reports.
· Maintain up-to-date files.
· Submit thorough written reports and weekly schedules to supervisors.
· Collect, enter and update all required data into the software system and ensure data accuracy.
· Attend assigned trainings and workshops relevant to job responsibilities.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call system.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree or Associates with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
· Must be familiar with the impact of homelessness, substance abuse, and domestic violence issues.
· Must have experience working with and advocating for low-income families.
· Demonstrated group facilitation skills.
· Must have extensive knowledge of Boston area human and clinical services.
· Must have good interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in advocacy and mediation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
· Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Data Base input and utilization, word processing, e-mail and Internet.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, when needed, to meet the needs of program participants.
· Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver's license and vehicle.
· Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.