Literacy Supervisor (Newark)
Our organization is growing! We are looking for a Literacy Supervisor to join our team. The ideal candidate is excited by our mission, passionate about professional development and training, and thrives in a collaborative team environment. The Literacy Supervisor will support, manage, and mentor a team of early literacy professional developers in Newark-area public schools. As the “Coach’s coach," the position focuses on growing your team’s capacity and literacy expertise. We are looking for qualified candidates with an early education history and experience with literacy coaching.
What are the essential responsibilities of this role?
- Provide professional development to further the growth of team members
- Act as a mentor/coach for the Newark area CLI Literacy Coaches
- Build a team of coaches that thrives on collaboration and professional growth
- Collaborate with other supervisors and seek/provide support when needed
- Provide information and work closely with the Associate Regional Manager
- Helps facilitate Leadership Team Meetings where Literacy Action Plans are created for each school
- Monitor the submission, accuracy, and implementation of data and data action plans
- Approve coaches’ timecards and PTO, ensuring accurate salary payment
What qualities make you the perfect fit for this job?
- 5+ years practicing and implementing CLI methodology required
- Ability to travel throughout the region regularly to visit schools and districts in the region and surrounding areas
- Mission driven mindset
- Expert early literacy content knowledge
- Strong sense of urgency / project high stakes
- Excellent coaching and presentation skills
- Ability to manage field base team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and to interface diplomatically with all levels of staff, contractors, teachers, and school administration
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have regular access to an insured vehicle
CLI is a mission driven organization that is committed to embracing the diverse array of individuals who comprise our team. We draw inspiration for innovation from the children we serve and from educators, administrators, and the work-at-large. Founded 30 years ago, CLI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides educators with training and coaching in the most effective practices for early literacy instruction for prekindergarten through third grade. CLI’s work has been validated by prestigious organizations and has garnered national attention.
CLI’s proven theory of action shows that when teachers receive the right combination and intensity of training and coaching, they can become exemplary instructors who make an impact in helping children achieve. Our workshops and institutes build teachers’ understanding of literacy and the art and science of teaching children how to read and write. By focusing on professional skills that improve over time and are not lost when administrations, buildings, or curricula change, CLI helps create a sustainable, school-wide culture of literacy that introduces students to the joys of reading, writing, and life-long learning.
Children’s Literacy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE APPLY HERE: