ExpandED Schools works to ensure that all kids, from every zip code, have opportunities to discover their talents and develop their full potential. So we give kids more hours in the school day, bring more role models into the classroom, and infuse their learning with the arts, STEM, sports and character-building activities. These are the supports and experiences kids need in order to grow into caring, confident and successful adults. In our first decade, we created the nation’s first citywide system of K-12 after-school programs and leveraged more than four dollars in private and public spending for every dollar of our founding grant. Today, we continue to reimagine learning time – in school, after school and during the summer – seeking to ensure that all kids have opportunities to discover their talents and develop their full potential. We develop scalable and sustainable models that provide more learning time. We:
· EXPAND the school day: Adding 2.5 hours each day; closing the learning gap by 450 hours/school year.
· ENGAGE the community: Bringing additional role models – tutors, coaches, college students and teaching artists – into the classroom.
· ENHANCE the learning: Balancing the curriculum with the arts, sports, STEM and character-building enrichments.
Purpose of Position
ExpandED Schools’ Programs and Research Divisions provide resources and support to education and out-of-school time partners. The support takes many different forms, including training, technical assistance (TA), evaluation and consultation regarding program design, data, staffing, and curriculum. ExpandED Schools currently provides TA in the area of data management to after-school providers funded through the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) Comprehensive After School System of NYC (COMPASS NYC) initiative. COMPASS NYC comprises over 900 programs serving young people enrolled in grades K-12 and aims to offer high quality programs that support and strengthen the overall development of young people. All COMPASS NYC programs are required to report data into DYCD Connect, an online participant tracking system.
Reporting to the Director of Evaluation and Data Quality and supported by the Capacity Building Manager, the Programs Data Specialist will provide training and TA to help both COMPASS NYC programs and ExpandED Schools programs to monitor and report data accurately and to use data systems as effective management tools. This position has guaranteed funding through June 2019, with potential to continue longer term.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with DYCD’s Deputy Director of Data Analytics and Management Systems on projects analyzing system data to ensure data quality and tailor technical assistance to address areas of challenge for DYCD Connect users.
· Support delivery of beginner, intermediate and advanced trainings for front-line and management staff of community-based organizations (CBOs) in the effective use of data management systems, including DYCD Connect and ExpandED’s YouthServices.net database.
· Respond to requests for help and support that come to the DYCD Connect Help Center, documenting each issue and the solution provided. Provide all aspects of technical assistance ranging from: intake, assessment, creating work plan development and delivery of consultation and follow-up.
· Collaborate with DYCD and the Programs Data Analyst and Trainer to develop an annual workplan and schedule of trainings and deliverables.
· Prepare monthly invoices and reports, and submit quarterly and annual reports to DYCD.
· Monitor the accuracy and completeness of the attendance data maintained by after-school programs.
· Conduct online quality control analyses to determine whether programs are using the system correctly.
· Bachelor’s Degree plus one year professional work experience
· Demonstrated capacity for and genuine interest in learning data systems
· Comfort in training settings and working with stakeholders to troubleshoot systems issues
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills: effective presentation and training skills; ability to compose clear, concise emails, memos and reports
· Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel (e.g. filter, pivot table, v-look up) and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with databases and data management a must; knowledge of DYCD Connect or Youthservices.net a plus
· Prior experience facilitating workshops a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
ExpandED Schools offers a generous benefits package which includes:
· Full-time and eligible part-time employees receive medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by ExpandED Schools
· Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts
· Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage
· A generous paid time off package which includes 20 vacation days, 8 sick days, 4 personal days and 12 paid holidays (prorated for part-time staff)
· 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 5% of annual compensation after one year of employment (no match requirement)
· Commitment to work-life balance
· Partial tuition reimbursement offered to employees after one year of service
· Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in external training and coaching opportunities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Subject: Programs Data Specialist. No faxes or phone calls, please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ExpandED Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer