The Job: The Senior Manager Membership & Resource Development oversees FareStart’s Catalyst Kitchens membership network, a collaborative movement to disrupt poverty comprised of over 80 diverse organizations that run food-related businesses and job training programs. This position is responsible for expanding network membership, developing member benefits, and enhancing the lifecycle of member experience. This role supervises a team dedicated to supporting Catalyst Kitchens members, resource development and departmental operations. This position works across FareStart and member organizations at all levels to design initiatives and engage staff to maximize peer learning and knowledge sharing. The Senior Manager Membership & Resource Development works nationally to garner resources and to cultivate partnerships to enhance value and ensure financial sustainability for the network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises Resource Development Associate, Operations and Database Associate, and Support and Engagement Coordinator. Marketing Communications Specialist and Impact Analyst have a dotted line to this position.
- Supports the development of and monitors work plans for team. Optimizes team capacity for productivity and impact.
- Contributes to budgeting process, achieves annual revenue targets, and manages expenses within budget.
- Coordinates team support and resources with other departments internally and contracts third party vendors to expand team capacity for special projects.
Member Experience & Network Development:
- Oversees all stages of the membership lifecycle and the processes and systems used in each phase: acquisition, onboarding, engagement, retention, and renewals.
- Evaluates, updates, and articulates network value proposition, including membership benefits, pricing models and target audience segmentation.
- Creates annual member engagement plan, publishing content produced with knowledge partners and hosting complex events including member summits & webinars delivered in-person & remotely.
- Facilitates multi-stakeholder groups, including the Member Advisory Council of Model Members and working sub-committees.
- Leads efforts to cultivate and expand national partnerships with large employers, content/knowledge partners, and peer affiliate networks in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Identifies opportunities for member network innovation by cultivating relationships with peer organizations in the social enterprise and non-profit network space.
- Coordinates with Catalyst Kitchens Consulting department to align member experience and consulting products, as well as to inform how consulting products and services can help generate new member interest.
Fund and Resource Development and Management:
- Works with leadership and members to identify potential funding sources and leverage collective impact to garner funds and resources to support Catalyst Kitchens backbone and member organizations.
- Writes grants and grant reports and coordinates work of member grant writers.
- Oversees tracking of network funding, including allocated funds to member organizations.
- Works collaboratively and in coordination with other FareStart departments to support external stakeholder engagement with funders, in-kind donors, and preferred vendors as appropriate.
Internal Operations Optimization:
- Guides the Operations and Database Associate and Impact Analyst in development and rollout of client & member database improvement, including workflow planning, standardization of processes, and optimization of end-to-end processes leveraging current and future platform technology.
- Oversees the curation and expansion of the member portal knowledge management system.
Member Outcomes Evaluation & Collective Impact:
- Collaborates with Impact Analyst and Director of Outcomes & Evaluation to ensure consistency in national collective impact collection, member compliance and data analysis.
- Supports annual benchmarking process and builds out data-driven grant proposal templates to enable members to better communicate performance in a meaningful context.
- Clarifies pathways to Model Membership for members and supports the member Standards Review process with Impact Analyst.
Communications & Marketing:
- Serves as liaison with FareStart marketing department around membership email campaign schedules, website content, storytelling, annual reporting, and promotional collateral.
- Maintains, enhances, and enforces Catalyst Kitchens network value proposition, branding, and messaging standards both internally and externally with members who steward the brand.
- Leads member journey mapping work to cultivate personas and develop targeted resources.
- Generates pitches and proposals for national speaking engagements, awards and earned media and when appropriate, represents Catalyst Kitchens at the national level during relevant conferences & events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 or more years in multi-stakeholder community engagement, shared value/collective impact initiative, membership network or backbone organizational management.
- 3 or more years in nonprofit fund and resource development experience, preferably as a funding intermediary garnering and dispersing collective resources through re-granting, grant making or in-kind benefits.
- 2 or more years leading teams and supervising staff to monitor productivity and provide coaching.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and stakeholders with great precision.
- Experience communicating with and facilitating diverse cross-sector stakeholder groups effectively including front-line staff, students, managers, executive leadership, teams, Board members, and partners.
- Experience addressing root causes of poverty, hunger, and joblessness in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel locally and domestically. Current passport or ability to obtain one required. (Up to 25% travel post COVID-19 restrictions and regulations).
- Fluency in business-critical applications and remote collaboration tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams, Google forms, etc.
- Proficiency in website CMS: Content Management Systems.
- Experience with financial budgeting and forecasting tools strongly preferred.
- Experience with data management, reporting and analysis; Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database experience, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Education, English, or the equivalent work experience.
- Experience with organizing collective action, advocacy, justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion efforts desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- During public stay at home order, employee will be working remote.
- During public stay at home order, employee will be working on-site
COVID-19 Consideration: We coordinate with the King County Public Health Department and the CDC to follow all required protocols.
Domestic and local travel up to 25% post COVID-19 restrictions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
FareStart is an Equal Opportunity Employer serving people of various communities and backgrounds. We seek applicants who value diversity and inclusivity. Women, People of Color, and Members of the LGBTQIA+ Community are encouraged to apply.