District of Columbia
The Associate Senior Director of Housing is accountable directly to the Senior Director of Housing. This position ensures that programs achieve fundamental housing goals, program compliance, and all funding source requirements are met. This is a full-time supervisory position.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Senior Director of Housing to provide program and clinical oversight in the assigned housing programs.
- Ensures data collection and quality, in collaboration with Senior Director, Program Directors, Resident Monitor Manager, and program teams in order to meet all reporting requirements, including internal agency strategic plan.
- Provides quality assurance for program, including reviewing all terminations, Child Protective Services calls, subpoenas, UIRs, and Critical Incident Reports, completing regular program chart reviews, and providing internal case reviews, updating corporate compliance and risk-management documents on a quarterly basis.
- Works with the Volunteer and Mentor Specialist, Housing Program Directors, and other COH staff to ensure continuity and client services across programs.
- Provides updates on client successes or program outcomes for fundraising and communications purposes as needed.
- Meets regularly with the Senior Directors of Housing Programs and the Vice President of Housing Programs and Policy to ensure communication and collaboration across all housing programs.
- Provides crisis intervention consultation to staff for adults and families, as appropriate
- Supports staff in working directly with clients, including providing programmatic supervision, mediating at meetings with clients, assisting with referral of clients to mental health and other services, and making home visits as needed.
- Designs and implements a regular client case conference procedure for clients at risk of program termination for non-participation, to ensure clear communication of expectations and opportunities to address concerns.
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 38 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Level of Language Proficiency
- DC LICSW preferred, DC LGSW. considered.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in mental health services, housing case management, or other social work settings required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Minimum four years’ experience supervising staff required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule required.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Experience working with families experiencing homelessness preferred.
Minimum Education Required