2000 M Street NW, Suite 480
The National Center’s Logistics and Marketing Coordinator supports the mission of the National Center through coordination with Logistics and Director of Outreach, Partnerships and Human Resources to plan, implement, manage, and evaluate well organized, cost effective, high quality conferences, trainings, and special events, with a focus on marketing and recruitment efforts in the victim services field.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess excellent time management and organizational skills, have strong written and verbal communication, attention to details, and team-oriented approach to work.
- Assists in all facets of meeting preparation and presentation and coordinates planning, implementation, management, and evaluation for all events as assigned (seminars, courses, trainings, conferences and fundraisers) in coordination with Director of Outreach and Partnerships.
- Oversees marketing efforts for National Center events and trainings, and works with Communications Department to develop high quality recruitment and marketing materials including: print materials, social media communications, and digital pieces.
Event Duties include:
- Conduct targeted outreach to individualized groups for recruitment
- Create and manage registration system for trainings and events
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event
- Issue and manage invoices for vendors and registrants
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Ability to manage and work within production timelines
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Assist in speaker recruitment and solicitation of workshops and presenters for trainings
- Coordinate with presenters to gather materials such as bios, presentation materials, headshots, etc.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Manage travel and lodging needs for staff and speakers
- Understanding of, and ability to work within budget
- Work with design team to create event collateral, including signage, marketing pieces, agendas, and other event print and digital pieces
- Serve as point person for correspondence from attendees, responding to needs and questions pertaining to trainings
- Recruitment and management of Exhibitors for national training events
- Report and close out of all meeting and event related activities including:
- Billing review
- Evaluations compiled
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain and coordinate a network of contacts including law enforcement, advocates, educators, prosecutors, researchers, and other allied professionals to assess training needs in an effort to develop training opportunities and resources to members in the field
- Work with Communications team to create compelling outreach and marketing materials to recruit attendance for all trainings
- Oversee marketing efforts for National Training Institute, with focus on meeting registration deadlines and target goals
- Promote National Center trainings and events with other agencies, and trainings throughout the country
- Research and develop database of contacts who are interested in National Center trainings and events
- Time Management.
- Decision Making.
- Budget Creation/Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Marketing Expertise.
- Event Planning Expertise.
- Ethical Practice.
This position is not a supervisory role.
This position is located in our Washington, DC office. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Weekend and overtime work will occasionally be required.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. All travel is within the United States.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in event/hospitality management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
- Two to three years of experience in planning and executing of events and trainings.
- Previous experience working with Federal Grants and familiarity of Federal Government budgeting process.
- An understanding of federal employment and labor laws. Experience in federal grant regulations pertaining to meetings and events.
Location: Washington, DC. Anticipated work schedule is 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday with some flexibility if the position allows and on-call hours as needed. The office is located near Metrorail stations on the red line, blue line, silver line, and orange line, and several Metrobus stops. Secure on-site parking is also available.
The office is located in a building with wheelchair accessible features such as ADA compliant exterior doors and elevators. Staff work in a semi-open environment with shared spaces and moderate noise volume.
The National Center for Victims of Crime is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The National Center encourages all qualified applicants to apply, especially those who identify as a member of a minority or underserved group. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive workforce.
The National Center offers an excellent benefits package including; health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants much include a resume and a cover letter that outlines their unique qualifications for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.