6435 Wilshire Blvd
Baby2Baby provides low-income children, ages 0-12 years, with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 7 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 39 million items.
Reporting to the co-presidents and deputy director, the director of finance will define the process and implement the infrastructure/system needed to support our growth over the next 5 to 10 years. The ideal candidate should have extensive financial and nonprofit accounting experience with the capacity for continued growth in this role.
This includes overseeing all Baby2Baby finances, strategic planning and financial forecasting. The position will handle all general accounting, grant tracking, internal audit, external tax and audit preparation functions. Additionally, the role works with administrative leadership to handle organizational and program budgets, cost allocations, administering and maintaining employee payroll service, payroll records, wage/salary/benefit appropriation and documentation/reporting of cash and bank records. Lastly, this position involves general analysis to determine cash flow trends, explanations of variances, etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure accurate accounting activities for both cash and in-kind transactions, and excellent internal controls in processes that generate accounting transactions.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for Baby2Baby’s staff, directors and board of directors.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow activities through the year.
- Coordinate audit and other corporate regulatory compliance activities.
- Prepare reports and other information as needed for prospective and existing funders as well as board of directors
- Serve as a partner to Baby2Baby’s directors and co-presidents on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes with an eye to continuously develop and improve systems
- Manage payroll for Baby2Baby staff and benefits
- Oversee contract management for vendor and donor relationships
The director of finance and operations will have at least five years of professional experience, including managing the finance and operations of a $10 million to $15 million organization budget (preference given to nonprofit experience). She/he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The director of finance will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Management, or Finance
- Business school degree is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com