Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package.
50 Broad Street
The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH) seeks a bilingual (Spanish-English) individual who is passionate about reproductive justice and immigrant rights for the full-time position of Senior Trainer within the Community Mobilization department. The Senior Trainer is primarily responsible for training grassroots leaders and activists in the reproductive justice modules and curriculum developed by the Education Manager and Associate Director of Education. The Senior Trainer will play a central planning, preparatory and facilitation role in the organization’s primary educational activities — the Latinas Organizing for Leadership & Advocacy training, Leadership Development Institute, and virtual education opportunities — which take place on a nearly monthly basis in one of the organization’s main field states (Texas, Florida, Virginia, New York and Arizona). The ideal candidate will have exemplary facilitation and organization skills, strong interpersonal and public speaking skills, and demonstrated comfort in working both independently and collaboratively. The Senior Trainer’s ability to effectively educate and engage grassroots and influential leaders is an essential aspect of NLIRH’s wider mission to transform consciousness and culture around reproductive justice in the Latinx community.
The Senior Trainer will also be responsible for delivering the organization’s modules to targeted audiences, including NLIRH staff, funders, partner organizations, and other audiences at conferences and academic settings. The Senior Trainer is responsible for quickly developing expertise in the organization’s main modules — ranging from public speaking to human rights and the Reproductive Justice timeline — and being able to communicate these themes in an accessible and effective fashion.
The Senior Trainer will also play an important support role in the development of digital/online learning, helping in the technical production of video content and presentations.
The Senior Trainer will support personnel to assess the effectiveness of existing training programs and determine potential improvements and additions. They will also help define and codify best practices for facilitation of NLIRH training modules.
POSITION LOCATION: The position is located in New York City and requires 50% travel. The position reports to the Associate Director of Education.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Serves as lead facilitator for NLIRH trainings:
- Serve as lead NLIRH staff in all NLIRH trainings;
- Ensure all co-facilitators/presenters are prepared to deliver training content;
- Conduct train the trainer and similar trainings to build facilitation skills within designated NLIRH staff and activists;
- Prepares LAN staff to deliver monthly educational presentations to activists;
- Co-develops digital/online learning content, with guidance from Associate Director of Education;
- Informs the updating of NLIRH curricular resources;
- Ensures that resources are appropriately inclusive of the diversity of experiences and needs within the Latinx community;
- Implements the appropriate translation/cultural adaptations of resources;
- Shares feedback on effectiveness of modules following their implementation;
- Develops presentations for various NLIRH partners and venues, including funders and conferences, and presents said content;
- Assists with on-going departmental projects, planning and function.
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional experience in training/facilitation (preferably in community settings)
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Concentrations in education, communication, nonprofit, public health, and social work are a plus
- Skilled at facilitating small-group activities and discussions as well as lectures to large groups
- Strong communication skills and experience in public speaking
- Strong organizational skills to execute trainings in the course of intensive and/or multi-day educational events
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated cultural-competency skills with immigrant communities
- Proven ability to work as a team-player, and accept constructive criticism and feedback, while maintaining positive working relationships
- Knowledge of reproductive justice preferred
- Basic know-how about video editing and production
- Proficient computer skills to operate programs (Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint)
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time; driver’s license required. Comp days provided for work-related travel.
NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Applicant – Senior Trainer.