The Administrative Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director to over see the day to day operations of the administrative office.
· Responsible for opening and closing the administrative office and the operation of the administrative office (i.e. equipment, and general maintenance/supervision).
· Responsible for meeting and greeting vendors, clients, monitors, guest etc.
· Responsible for compiling and maintaining personnel records including time sheet, and all appropriate paper work.
· Order all offices supplies needed for the administrative and shelter facilities, after approval from the Executive Director.
· Responsible for receiving and coordinating donations with the maintenance person to ensure items are received and stored safely and appropriately.
· Researches, and identifies prospects donors including government sources, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
· Grant writing and reporting to donors (as specified by the Executive Director).
· Maintains donor records, and coordinates letters of acknowledgment and thank-you. Maintain a notebook of in-kind donations, checks and items received.
· Develops annual fundraising plan, including a calendar of strategies, in collaboration with the Executive Director. Quarterly reporting of progress in conjunction with the plan.
· Assists the Executive Director in developing organizational membership, direct mail, special events, and other diverse funding strategies for Neopolitan Lighthouse.
· Type correspondence and reports as assigned by Executive Director i.e. check request, thank you & business letters, fax covers, etc.
· Maintain and trouble shoot all office equipment i.e. copier, router, computers, telephones, fax, etc.
· Assists the Executive Director in developing a marketing and public relations program.
· Develops a long-range fundraising plan with the Executive Director and Development Committee. (Annual updates.)
· Provides training and technical assistance to staff and volunteers upon request.
· Routinely provides some direct service to stay attuned with programs and clients.
· Responsible for scanning documentation to consultant and other entities as needed.
· Responsible for the up keep of the administrative office i.e. fire extinguishers, conference room, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
1. BA or minimum 2 years experience in fundraising, grantsmanship, proposal writing, and office management.
2. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing, organizing and teaching skills.
3. Excellent typing ability and computer proficiency (IBM, WordPerfect, Macintosh, and Microsoft Word).
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively.
5. Demonstrated commitment to social change in the area of violence against women.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others of diverse age, language, race, ethnicity, religious belief, mental/physical abilities, and socioeconomic status.
7. Knowledge in crisis intervention and domestic violence or availability to complete Neopolitan Lighthouse 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training.
Schedule is 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, however the Administrative Coordinator must be available to work some evenings, nights, and weekends.
From time to time you will be asked to cover a shift at the last minute. This could be due to illness, death in the family (of another employee), etc. It is expected that you will be cooperative and cover shifts when asked.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com