2920 International Blvd.
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Sr. HR Generalist/HRIS Administrator
Job Location: Native American Health Center (NAHC). 2950 International Blvd., Oakland, CA 94601
Work Hours: Full Time, 40 Hours per Week, 100% FTE
The Human Resources Generalist will provide generalist support for the Native American Health Center's (NAHC) Human Resources department. The HR Generalist, will manage all aspects of employee on-boarding, leave of absences and assist with other HR functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. LEAVE OF ABSENCES: Administer mandated and non-mandated employee leaves of absences. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and NAHC policies. Process and maintain leave of absences paperwork and all supporting documentation.
2. RECRUITING: Responsible for managing recruitment programs. Lead weekly HR recruitment meeting with other HR staff. Ensure job openings are posted at various levels within 24-48 hours of receiving original request and support hiring manager's recruitment needs.
3. ON-BOARDING: Will manage NAHC's overall on-boarding practices. Will act as a mentor and a back-up facilitator to the HR Coordinator. Responsible for developing yearly on-boarding schedule and for ensuring agency onboarding needs are met.
4. HR INFORMATION SYSTEM: Responsible for ensuring all new hire routes are entered accurately into NAHC's HR Information System (HRIS) and set up with appropriate security access. Ensure all personnel data related to new hire records, terminations, and recruitment are accurately maintained and entered timely.
5. PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS: Manage NAHC's performance evaluation cycle, for both introductory and annual performance evaluations. Assist with the rollout of merit increases for non-union positions.
6. WORKERS COMPENSATION: Responsible for administering Workers' Compensation program. Review and process incoming claims. Review all related claim forms to ensure supervisors meet compliance standards.
7. Identify trends in employee claims and develop training plans to mitigate further risk. Improve overall employee safety practices and reduce workplace accidents.
8. ERGONOMICS: Manage and oversee NAHC's ergonomics program. Provide and ensure that staff are adequately trained in conducting and documenting ergonomics assessments. Develop and update ergonomic policies and procedures.
9. ADMINISTRATION/OPERATIONS: Ensure reporting requirements are met and reports are delivered timely. Reports include, but are not limited to, On-Call Report, Insurance (Provider Report) reports and other internal and external report requirement.
10. Responsible for managing the daily flow of the HR Inbox and will respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries or direct to the appropriate member of the Human Resources Department.
11. Will assist with other HR Generalist duties as needed such as; terminations, maintain, file, and continually update employee personnel and medical/confidential files to meet legal and funding requirements. Files must be updated on a bi-weekly basis.
12. Maintain positive working relationships with NAHC administrative management team, supervisors, staff members, funding sources, external vendors and community agencies.
13. Travel to Oakland, San Francisco and Richmond sites as needed.
14. Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
15. Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
16. Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
17. Work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
18. At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
19. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Director of Human Resources.
1. A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is required.
2. Minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources Generalist role.
3. Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
4. Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office applications and experience managing human resources databases, Epicor Ivantage is preferred.
5. Demonstrate ability to exercise sound independent judgment and to analyze and resolve problems.
6. Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time, interpersonal relationships, resources and information.
7. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner verbally and orally.
8. Strong planning and organization skills with high attention to detail.
9. Work extremely well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
10. Must be able to meet set priorities as directed by supervisor.
11. Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
Native American Health Center (NAHC) considers our employees to be our most valuable resource and offers an excellent benefit package: competitive salaries, personal time off (PTO) or sick/vacation leave program, and an employer contribution 403(b) retirement plan to full-time regular status employees. We also provide medical, vision, dental, flexible spending, group term and voluntary life insurance coverage for employees and their dependents—with a percentage of employee contribution for dependent medical premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please complete the application process via our jobs portal.