300 Page Street
The Annual Fund Manager is a full-time position supporting San Francisco Zen Center’s Development Department to raise operating revenue for a thriving spiritual community in the heart of San Francisco. This position is responsible for implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel annual fund program and meeting strategic goals for two annual campaigns and membership. This position works closely with the Development Director and the Membership Manager to execute aspects of the annual fund giving program (donations <$1,000), including planning direct mail and peer-to-peer campaigns, overseeing membership strategy, new member & donor acquisition, data analysis and donor stewardship. The right candidate will have experience planning fundraising campaigns, creating communications strategy, and strong project management skills.
Reports to: Development Director
- Create online fundraising components, including writing email appeals, managing the creating on landing pages & donation forms, scheduling emails in an email service provider, optimizing email lists, and creating social media content.
- Work with Major Gifts & Legacy Officer to implement donor upgrade and cultivation strategies. Analyze giving levels and retention rates to maximize the success of upgrade and renewal strategies.
- Develop and maintain reports and provide analysis of solicitation program performance.
- Occasionally assist with event planning and donor cultivation.
Year-end campaign lead
- Plan and execute a multi-channel campaign of direct mail and online solicitations, including segmented letters and customization for mailings to select constituencies.
- Manage direct mail production and identifies message and solicitation topics for the program. Oversee copy development, including internal review and approval, production and mailing.
- Coordinate participation of volunteer cultivators in making thank you and follow up calls, and signing appeals.
Spring campaign lead
- Plan and execute online peer-to-peer campaign and one-day special event.
- Develop strategy to recruit and encourage fundraisers, including outreach to affinity groups and residents.
- Create strategy to secure sponsors for the event, reach out to companies, partner with sponsors to participate on day-long event and to fulfill sponsorship benefits.
- Organize day-long special event, coordinate logistics, recruit & manage with volunteers.
- Work with the membership manager to create strategy for membership program, including renewals, upgrades, member acquisition, and stewardship.
- 2-3 years of experience planning fundraising campaigns
- Comfortable using & learning a variety of online tools such as project management, email service provider, fundraising softwared and CRM
- Experience creating communications strategy, including email marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Work Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Requires ability to climb stairs
- Work regularly on a computer
- Collaborate well in small office environment.
- Benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and vacation time
- Organic vegetarian lunch provided on site.
- PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER (REQUIRED) DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
San Francisco Zen Center
San Francisco Zen Center (SFZC) was established in 1962 by Shunryu Suzuki Roshi (1904-1971) and his American students. Suzuki Roshi is known to countless readers as the author of the modern spiritual classic, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
SFZC is one of the leading Buddhist practice and training centers in the West. The SFZC community has a diverse population made up of internationally known Zen teachers, short and long-term residential students, non-residential lay practitioners, ordained priests, and visiting guests. We have three California practice centers: City Center (located in San Francisco), Green Gulch Farm (located in coastal Marin County), and Tassajara Zen Mountain Center (located in the Ventana Wilderness, inland from Big Sur). The purpose of SFZC is to express, embody, and make accessible the wisdom and compassion of the Buddha as taught and practiced in the Soto Zen tradition.
Benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and vacation time. Organic vegetarian lunch provided on site.
Minimum Education Required