Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education non-profit. We support low-income communities to engage in engineering and technology education programs. In the past 12 years of operation, we have supported 100,000+ underserved children and parents across 100 countries.
We offer two programs at Iridescent:
Curiosity Machine engages underserved children and parents to develop problem-solving skills through STEM project-based family design challenges. Through Curiosity Machine trainings and support, organizations around the world have helped ~80,000 children and parents develop their creativity, curiosity and perseverance.
Technovation is the world’s largest global tech program for girls ages 10 to 18. Through Technovation, girls learn how to identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile app to solve it, and launch a business. Over the past 8 years, more than 20,000 girls from 100 countries have participated in the program to solve local problems.
We're seeking a passionate, creative, self-motivated individual with marketing and communications experience to develop, implement and execute strategic marketing plans for Iridescent, assist with promoting major annual events & programs, and join a small but mighty marketing team to tell Iridescent's story and inspire more people to join this movement.
This role has the potential to grow into a senior leadership position to lead the Marketing team within 6 months of start date. Candidate will be evaluated based on the following: culture fit, innovative approaches to solving problems, ability to lead & work collaboratively with team, strong work ethic (be ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done!), and success measured against quantifiable goals.
● Understand organization's strategic goals and further develop current marketing strategy in collaboration with team
● Connect on-going marketing, branding, and communication efforts lead by the current team to larger strategic goals
● Set clear metrics of success, develop systems to collect data, work with team to meet these goals, and report out results to internal & external audiences
● Plan & execute marketing campaigns and measure impact of these campaigns
● Work closely with creative team in deployment of creative marketing campaigns and assets
● Support fundraising team with communicating the success of our programs and building a stronger brand
● Liaise with communication teams at corporate partner organizations, media organizations, and advertising agencies; advocate for Iridescent's interests
● Hire and manage external SEO consultant to optimize all websites
● 5-10 years experience in marketing and communication
● Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
● Passionate about our mission
● Willing to dive in and get the job-at-hand done, regardless of how small the task may seem.
● Experience managing digital marketing campaigns and tracking campaign effectiveness through Google Analytics and Google Adwords
● Leadership skills to support many different marketing & communication efforts lead by the current team
● Skilled in building reach and engagement with online communities and large corporations
● Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends & challenges in the field
● Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in marketing, including grass roots and guerilla marketing
● Budget-management skills
● Willingness to work with and lead a remote team
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
● Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for underserved youth around the world
● Seeks opportunities to continuously learn and adapt
● Exceptional communication and organization skills for sharing and transferring information effectively across a remote team
● Strong collaboration skills with a diverse team
● Ability to work in a very fast-paced, remote and dynamic environment
● Analytical; comfort with managing data and identifying trends
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
● Exceptional writing skills
● Self-motivated and dependable
● Able to balance important daily tasks alongside high-level decision making responsibilities
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Review our websites and social media to learn more about our AI Family Challenge program.
- Develop a strategy to recruit 10,000 CuriosityMachine.org participants for the AI Family Challenge - over the course of three months. Use our impact reports to understand what we have tried in the past to recruit and retain online users. Keep in mind we are not a young organization. We have been doing this for 12 years.
- Provide details on how Iridescent would execute on this strategy with targeted groups and continue to foster relationships.
- Create a 1 page report of data analysis conducted using Google Analytics for a marketing/communications/or branding project you have worked on in the past. Demonstrate the objective of the project and clearly demonstrate what data was collected from Google Analytics and what conclusions were drawn from the results.
- Submit in a combined PDF of all materials to email@example.com