Details: Commensurate with qualifications.
1055 Wilshire Blvd.
United Friends of the Children’s Pathways Housing Programs provides residents, ages 18-24, with housing and support services as they seek to obtain stable and secure housing, education, and employment. Reporting to the Director, Housing Programs, the Community Manager will be responsible for creating a positive community experience for UFC’s housing programs. The Community Manager will coordinate community-building efforts, including events and life skills programming, oversee housing and property management, and develop strategic relationships with external partners (i.e., resource agencies and employers). In partnership with the Property Management & Housing Coordinators and Resource Specialist, the Community Manager will build opportunities for residents to engage in relationships with each other, the Pathways program, and the surrounding community that will positively impact their ability to thrive.
The Community Manager will work full-time during standard business hours, Monday-Friday (except Tuesdays from 12-8pm) and on weekends and evenings as necessary. UFC’s downtown office will serve as the Community Manager’s work location on Mondays. The Community Manager will work from the Whittier housing site Tuesday-Friday each week. Also, travel between UFC’s housing sites across Los Angeles County is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Pathways Team members to maintain an engaged, safe, and thriving community.
- Embrace UFC’s high performance standard in all housing and facilities operations by supporting Housing & Property Management Coordinators in maintaining property conditions and resident compliance.
- Support communication with external property management staff regarding on-going property needs and resident concerns.
- Lead weekly site-based team meetings to identify and address community and facility needs and opportunities.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with residents; promote personal growth, independence, responsibility, and accountability and inspire individuals to reach their full potential. Lead teaming opportunities to meet with residents to identify areas of growth and improvement.
- Plan and implement dynamic community events and opportunities that bring Pathways community members together to engage in meaningful relationships.
- Guide the implementation of weekly life skills program designed to increase UFC residents’ self-sufficiency skills.
- Partner with the Transitions Team to create strategic linkages between residents and alumni.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external stakeholder s and potential community partners to enhance the opportunities available to UFC’s program participants, especially the life skills workshops.
- Represent UFC’s interests and mission in the broader community with the intention of building awareness and securing partnerships to enhance services.
- Understand and interpret contractual obligations, related to life skills and property management; ensure compliance with guidelines and established performance targets, including tracking residents’ progress toward program goals.
- Work with the Pathways Management Team and Evaluation Team to utilize data consistently to assess the program and communicate its impacts.
- Partner with the Pathways Management Team to record and uphold policies and protocols that support the program’s mission and goals.
- Lead, coach, and develop the Property Management & Housing Coordinators and Resource Specialist and support the professional development of the Housing Department Team; hold regular individual meetings with direct reports to assess and support progress toward goals.
- Work alongside the Assistant Director & Clinical Supervisor to facilitate Advocacy Counselors’ community engagement.
- Partner with Pathways Management Team to plan annual budget and monitor expenditures to ensure alignment with projected spending for community support, including life skills workshops, community events/ projects, and property management.
- Be a positive force for change and provide support for staff to be their best and do their best work.
- Other duties as assigned.
General UFC Responsibilities
- Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement UFC’s organizational values:
- Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact.
- Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community and each other.
- Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation.
- Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups.
- Work together as one organization.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a relevant social work setting
- Establishes and cultivates respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Activates network to produce results that benefit program participants
- Demonstrated experience engaging groups and individuals in effective learning activities
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a multi-disciplinary service team
- Works responsibly with sensitive and confidential information
- Balances multiple competing priorities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Holds self accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works independently and collaboratively
- Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner and incorporates others’ views into work
- Must have valid CDL and an insured and operational vehicle
- An understanding and sensitivity to issues concerning former foster care youth
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit setting
- Knowledge of the TAY resource landscape in Los Angeles
- Resource Specialist
- Housing & Property Management Coordinator
- Tutors (3)
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Life, ADD and Disability insurance
- 403b voluntary retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Mission-focused work
- Fun and inspiring work environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit cover letter, including desired salary, and resume. Please note position title in the subject line.