Details: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
200 Reservoir St.
About the Ellie Fund
The mission of the Ellie Fund is to provide essential support services for breast cancer patients to ease the stresses of everyday life, allowing the focus to be on family, recovery and healing. Through the Healing Together Patient and Family Care Program and the Metastatic Breast Cancer Support Program, the Ellie Fund provides nutritional and grocery assistance, transportation to medical appointments, light housekeeping, childcare reimbursement, nutritious prepared/delivered meals and integrative therapy services free of charge to hundreds of women, men and families undergoing treatment for breast cancer across Massachusetts each year. In 2017, the Ellie Fund distributed service grants to more than 750 patients and families.
About the Programming & Fundraising Assistant
The Programming & Fundraising Assistant is an integral member of the Ellie Fund’s 6-person team, providing administrative assistance to the Executive Director, Patient Services Manager, Director of Development, Events & Public Relations Manager and the Finance & Human Resources Manager. The Programming & Fundraising Assistant will work closely with the Patient Services Manager to distribute and fulfill Ellie Fund grants to breast cancer patients and families. Additionally, this position will work with the Director of Development on fundraising campaigns and will provide event assistance to the Events & Public Relations Manager.
Special Events & Fundraising:
Students for Hope
• Manage partnership with local schools (public and private elementary, middle and high schools; colleges) who fundraise on behalf of the Ellie Fund
• Assist participating schools with fundraising initiatives
• Develop partnerships with new schools and student groups
· Assist Events & Public Relations Manager with creation and mailing of invitations and email blasts, volunteer recruitment and auction/gift bag solicitation
· On-site event assistance
· Assist Director of Development with creating materials for and marketing annual fundraising campaigns including Do Good (October), Annual Fund (November-December) and Mother’s Day (April-May).
• Assist Patient Services Manager in distributing patient grants
• Assist Patient Services Manager in fulfilling patient orders each month, including bulk gift card ordering, setting up appointments and collecting prepared and delivered meal choices
• Enter patient demographic and grant information into the Salesforce database
• Communicate effectively with patients, family members and medical professionals
• Prepare patient reports from Salesforce database for staff as requested
• Coordinate and manage patient services volunteers
• Revise grant application in collaboration with Patient Services Manager and Executive Director
• Maintain social worker/medical professional, treatment facilities contact list
Financial & Database:
• Daily donation deposits
• Record donations in Salesforce database
• Maintain Salesforce donor database
• Prepare donor reports from Salesforce database
Social Media & Communications:
• Schedule, draft and post social media content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram each week in collaboration with Director of Development and Events & Public Relations Manager
• Create and send donation acknowledgement letters
• Create and send quarterly newsletters using Constant Contact
• Create and send 3 Patient Services Newsletters using Constant Contact annually
General Office Support/Tasks:
• Answer/direct phone calls and general email inquiries
• Work with website consultant to apply changes to Ellie Fund website
• Manage office volunteers and delegate tasks as needed
• Keep inventory of office supplies; order as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years of experience (nonprofit fundraising and/or administrative experience highly preferred)
· Experience with Salesforce (or similar database system); strong computer and social media skills
· Highly organized, flexible, self-motivated; ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently with strong attention to detail
· Ability to work collaboratively in small teams with staff and volunteers
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Full time, with some weekend and evening hours required for event-based assignments
· Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
· Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquires accepted.
· The Ellie Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone inquires accepted.
The Ellie Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified candidates.