Associate Secretary for Development, Friends General Conference (FGC)
- Job posted by Friends General Conference (Quakers)
Details: Range II, plus full benefits: Starting salary depends on experience
1216 Arch Street, #2B
This is an exciting opportunity to lead FGC’s dynamic development program. FGC, with Divine guidance, nurtures the spiritual vitality of the Religious Society of Friends by providing programs and services for Friends, meetings, and seekers in the United States and Canada.
The Associate Secretary for Development has full responsibility for FGC’s Development Program and serves a key leadership role with FGC’s partner donors, organizational volunteer leadership, and among Senior Staff (the Admin Team). FGC has an annual budget of almost $2M and raises almost $1M a year, not including comprehensive campaigns. This position will have primary responsibility for future board approved major fundraising campaigns.
The ideal Associate Secretary candidates will:
- Preferably have five or more years’ professional development experience, including the solicitation of major gifts.
- Be an active member of the Religious Society of Friends.
- Have strong supervisory skills.
- Be committed to a journey of spiritual deepening, with a gift to encourage others on their own spiritual journeys after the manner of Friends.
- Able to do extensive travel and work weekends when appropriate.
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills.
The Development Team also includes a Development Manager and a Database Associate. Download the complete job description. Candidates should possess the described skills and experience, or demonstrate that they are capable of quickly acquiring the skills.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Barry Crossno, General Secretary, Friends General Conference, 1216 Arch Street, 2B, Philadelphia, PA 19107, firstname.lastname@example.org. This job will be open until filled. Consideration of applications will begin November 2, 2018, at noon.
This is a full-time position with full benefits, based in the Philadelphia office of FGC.
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This job will be open until filled. Consideration of applications will begin November 2, 2018, at noon.