Details: Salary commensurate with experience
500 Riverside Drive
Position Title: Admissions Administrative Assistant
Office: Admissions, Programs & Resident Life
Reports To: Director of Admissions and VP of Admissions, Programs & Resident Life
About International House
Founded in 1924 by John D. Rockefeller Jr. and the Cleveland H. Dodge family, International House is dedicated to fostering the next generation of global leaders. As home to more than 700 carefully selected graduate students and young professionals annually – representing 100 countries and more than 70 top schools and businesses – I-House is the destination of choice for the best and the brightest of the millennial generation. We provide an unrivaled opportunity for residents to thrive through daily interaction in a culturally, politically, and economically diverse community that is both inclusive and proactive by nature. Our programs encourage diversity of thought and experience, allowing – indeed ensuring – that the world views of the emerging leaders who come here are greatly expanded beyond their initial expectations and even their comfort zones. We believe that the core tenets of the International House experience – leadership, empathy, respect and moral courage – can change the world. Learn more atwww.ihouse-nyc.org
Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions and the VP of Admissions, Programs & Resident Life, the Administrative Assistant supports the Admissions Office and the Programs & Resident Life Office by organizing, coordinating, prioritizing and executing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced setting.
- Organize, coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple responsibilities in a fast‐paced setting
- Purchase general office supplies, equipment, etc
- Manage office purchases and payment requests from internal and external vendors–Coordinate meetings, events, conference calls, and video conferences
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Process payroll for staff bi-weekly
- Greet and assist applicants and residents
- Answer email and phone inquiries
- Give tours to applicants and potential applicants
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Extremely organized, detailed oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to get along well with others and work across departments
- High standards of customer service
- Experience in working in a college or university environment a plus
- Experience working with diverse and multicultural populations a plus
Excellent employee benefits and perks.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com with “Admissions Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. The application deadline is Sept. 29, 2018 (or until the position is filled).
International House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, International House complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. International House expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.