1401 Rockville Pike, 3rd Floor
Primary Care Coalition of Montgomery County (PCC) in collaboration with the Asian American Health Initiative (AAHI) seeks a highly organized and motivated individual for the position of Program Assistant. AAHI is part of the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). AAHI's purpose is to develop appropriate health programs that meet the needs of a diverse group of Asian Americans living in the County. To learn more about AAHI, please visit, www.AAHlinfo.org.
The Program Assistant provides office and administrative support services for AAHI. This position serves as the principal office support for AAHI with responsibility for coordinating varied and extensive day-to-day office operations and for ensuring the administrative matters of AAHI are professionally executed. Responsibilities include: scheduling; visitor and phone reception; data entry and management; office supply procurement; board and committee support; meeting and event management and coordination; and invoice processing.
· Plans and organizes office support services for AAHI and ensures its proper implementation. Carries out all associated office activities needed to ensure proper and effective support of the office.
· Provides phone and visitor reception for AAHI; ascertains nature of visitor visits and arranges for and/or schedules visitors with appropriate staff or refers visitors to other offices/agencies; queries callers to ascertain nature of calls and refers to appropriate staff or responds to callers' needs on own.
· Receives and screens mail; composes responses to routine correspondence.
· Maintains AAHI calendars and schedules, committing staff and/or supervisor to appointments, meetings and other obligations as authorized; may question need for appointments with staff/supervisor and arrange for other staff to accommodate the request.
· Maintains AAHI’s operating records and prepares reports on such records; receives and processes information on AAHI operations from various sources and compiles such data for financial, statistical, operational and other reports.
· Monitor and may in some cases control usage of equipment, supplies, and capital assets in support of program objectives.
· Arranges meetings, conferences, workshops and special events; locates facilities and notifies participants; arranges for audio, video, food and beverage services; arranges for transportation and lodging; assembles and/or prepares materials and distributes these to participants; performs event closeout tasks as required; attends meetings and takes notes, which are later transcribed and sent to participants.
· Provides in-office support to ensure success of community outreach programs; manages data entry related to programmatic outcomes; reviews data entry to ensure quality.
· Provides staff support for committees, boards, commissions, task forces, and other bodies.
· Produces typed or word processed documents from rough draft, verbal instructions, or audio recorded material, utilizing word processing and other software (e.g., desktop publishing, presentation) to produce graphics, tables of contents, merge files, create tables and similar document features needed for presentations, contracts, reports with tables and graphs, brochures, newsletters, manuscripts and bound publications as well as more common items such as letters and memoranda; develops format and style guides.
· Responds to inquiries from the general public, partners and colleagues, ascertains nature of inquiries and provides appropriate information.
· Develops and/or modifies forms, methods and procedures for more efficient processing of recurring office tasks; maintains office supplies and decides on procurement of office supplies and equipment; requests maintenance and phone services and may coordinate phone installation and control for one or more units of the organization.
· Provides ad-hoc project specific support to Program Managers and supports them with their tasks and functions
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· HS diploma or G.E.D required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1+ years office experience
· Above average ability with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher, etc.)
· Strong verbal and written skills
· “Eye for detail” to ensure error –free work product
· Able to prepare draft reports
· Capable of working both independently and in teams
· Must have a solid work ethic
· Inter-county travel is required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Prefer Asian language.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter and resume in MS Word.