1 North Dearborn Street
ACT Now is seeking a driven candidate with a dedicated interest in positive youth development for a full time staff position starting in July 2018. ACT Now is a statewide coalition that advocates for quality and affordable afterschool programming. We are the C. S. Mott Foundation-funded Statewide Afterschool Network, and we have a counterpart in all 50 states. Our offices are based in Chicago, IL in the Loop.
The candidate who fills this position will have the opportunity to assist in all areas of ACT Now’s work including policy, professional development, quality assurance, fundraising, and communications. Applicants to this position should have excellent communications skills, a strong work ethic, an ability to take direction and work independently, enthusiasm, and a background in youth development.
· Support the work of the ACT Now afterschool coalition by:
· Developing, executing, and tracking group work plans and initiatives
· Drafting and designing the weekly ACT Now newsletter
· Maintaining the ACT Now website
· Creating social media content
· Building relationships with existing Coalition members and engaging new stakeholders in the Coalition
· Facilitating meeting logistics and creating meeting minutes
· Assisting with policy and field research as needed to support the development of initiatives
· Increasing visibility and representing the group publicly, including conducting presentations and other outreach programs to diverse audiences
· Representing the Coalition on city- and state-level committees or working groups
· Organizing and facilitating meetings across the state
· Assisting with ACT Now’s quality standards and professional development initiatives
· More broadly, helping develop positive youth development and education policies and initiatives and strategies for implementation as appropriate
· Knowledge of and interest in after-school, out-of-school time, and youth development issues
· Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, and ability to motivate coalitions while helping move their work forward are critical
· Familiarity with statewide policy and budget development, after-school programs and practices, and/or grassroots organizing, preferred
· Communications experience, and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences about complex issues. Two writing samples required
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in child and youth development, education, communications, public policy, public administration, social work or a related field
· Ability to travel across the state as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. ACT Now is an equal opportunity employer and offers a generous benefits package. The position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, résumé (including GPA), and 2 writing samples to:
ACT Now Network Lead
E-mail: email@example.com please include “Youth Development Associate”
in the e-mail subject line.