Details: $16-18 per hour
40 Stow St
Do you love the natural world and work that supports people of all abilities? Join our growing team! The Nature Connection is a non-profit organization that brings unique educational and therapeutic nature programs, including live animals, to adults of all abilities with limited access to the natural world. Founded in Concord in 1983, The Nature Connection connects vulnerable individuals with nature’s capacity to teach and to heal.
Serving the greater Boston/MetroWest, The Nature Connection works with underserved individuals whose challenges include mental illness, physical disabilities, aging and memory loss including Alzheimer’s. The Nature Connection delivers programs to special needs schools, at-risk youth programs, elder facilities, and Alzheimer’s care programs.
Part-time Program Coordinator
The Nature Connection seeks a Program Coordinator to join our growing team! The Nature Connection is a travelling program that delivers unique therapeutic and educational programs, including live animals, to people with limited access to the natural world. As Program Coordinator you will plan, coordinate and deliver programs, focusing on our elder and disabilities sites. A successful Program Coordinator will bring a passion for our mission, compassion for our participants, as well as an understanding of the natural world. Familiarity with animal assisted therapy is preferred but not required.
This is a part-time weekday position of 15-20 hours per week. Programs occur Tues/Wed/Thurs. Availability all day Tuesday, and up to 6-8 hours Wed and Thursday is required. As more sites contract for program services during the coming year, hours for this position may increase.
Comprehensive training for this position, including animal handling and program design, provided.
Note: Use of personal vehicle required for this position.
Program Coordinator responsibilities:
- Plan hands-on, highly interactive nature programs, with live animals and fresh natural materials
- Deliver programs, primarily to under-served children/youth, as well as groups of elders/adults with varying disabilities
- Travel, using own vehicle, from Concord MA round trip to program sites in MetroWest/Cambridge (paid time, with mileage reimbursed)
- Document program outcomes, 2-3 hours per month program data entry
- Lead trainings in nature-assisted therapeutic programming: for new volunteers and for professionals
- Work collaboratively with staff and with program volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality and safety protocol
Applicants should be:
- Energetic, motivated, creative
- Enthusiastic about nature and animals
- Experienced in working with adults with disabilities and/or dementia
- Skilled in working both one-on-one and with a team
- Confident in leadership and teamwork skills
- Experienced in presenting to a group
- Able to manage and coach adult volunteers
- Additional: knowledge of the natural world, such as horticulture, zoology, or ecology, is preferred
To apply please send resume and cover letter (required) to:
Sophie Wadsworth, Executive Director
No phone calls, please!
Training, paid vacation days, plus ongoing paid professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required