Title: Grants Manager
Reports To: Director, Grants Management
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
The Grants Manager works with Director of Grants Management to import grant applications into the database, responds to phone and email inquiries from actual and potential grant applicants, provides program staff/review teams with application material and grant reports as needed, follows up with applicants throughout the review process, processes grant payments, tracks grants for budgeting purposes, and leads transition to new grants management system.
- Processes grant applications and reports using online grants management system (IGAM, FoundationPower, SmartSimple); the department is currently transitioning to SmartSimple and Salesforce software;
- Manages and tracks open applications, including following up proposals with grantees, applicants, and program staff;
- Communicates internally, particularly with program directors, officers and associates;
- Communicates externally with grantees, applicants and potential applicants regarding grants and grants process;
- Provides reports, responses to inquiries and grant histories to internal staff as requested;
- Processes quarterly grants and installments for payment;
- Processes various between-cycles grants;
- Manages DocuSign communications for electronic payment processing;
- Tracks all grants in process and paid using Microsoft Excel / Teams and databases;
- Maintains a spreadsheet of grants for use in the quarterly dashboard and works with the Director of Grants Management to reconcile grant data;
- Prepares the quarterly dashboard and additional grants materials for Board Book;
- Participates in proposal review processes for special grantmaking programs such as Open Door Grants, Equality Fund, Latino Equity Fund as available;
- Attends quarterly docket review meetings; and
- Works with the IT team and serves as Program Department lead in adoption of new grants management system and the integration of that system into the department’s daily work.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- Minimum 3-5 years of administrative and database experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Intermediate level skills working with Microsoft Office products especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
- Database experience strongly preferred;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Participative and proactive work style, team player and sense of humor;
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of people; and
- Quick to learn new software and processes.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Long periods sitting at a computer terminal, but with flexibility to stretch or move about freely as needed.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.