Details: Compensation: Competitive, based on experience
5225 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is a non-profit educational organization. Our mission is to make self-awareness, self-care, and group support central to all healthcare; the training of health professionals; and the education of our children. We have been working in the United States and overseas since 1991. Please visit www.cmbm.org for additional information.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is currently seeking a program coordinator to work with our team on our training programs.
* Provide event planning, event management, and logistical support for the Mind-Body Medicine, Food As Medicine, military, and trauma programs, including: managing registration systems (monitor registrations, payments, cancellations, billing); working with event venue team (provide meeting room space needs, meals, sleeping rooms); reviewing and editing course materials; managing and updating spreadsheets; working with program faculty to arrange transportation and lodging; coordinate on-site faculty needs; and collect faculty documents (invoices, contracts, reimbursements, etc.).
* Must have flexibility for frequent and short notice travel within United States & internationally to assist onsite during programs (trip length varies from 3 days to 10 days) approximately 7-12+ times per year.
* Provide clerical and administrative support, including: scanning, photocopying, printing, database entry, transcription, appointment scheduling, supplies management, shipping, and paper and electronic document filing.
* Provide customer service to program participants through email, phone, FAX, and in-person during trainings.
* Coordinate CEU/CME process, including: collecting materials from faculty, processing paperwork, managing due dates.
* Assist in outreach efforts for scholarship candidates and subsequent application processing.
* Assist in development and fundraising efforts.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Competencies Required:
* At least two years of event management/event planning experience preferred.
* Self-motivated, self-managing, problem solver with the capacity to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
* Highly organized with superb attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively balance time and prioritize tasks.
* Strong communication and customer service skills, the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and personalities, and a warm and friendly attitude.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
* Full fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Google Apps and Salesforce proficiency desired.
* Ability to set-up and manage AV technology (projector, MP3 players, stereos, microphones, etc.).
* Exceptional writing and editing skills.
* Bachelor's degree (minimum).
* Bilingual (Spanish/English or Arabic/English) preferred. Both verbal and written fluency.
* Experience working with military or veterans is appreciated.
Additional Position Details:
* This is a full-time position with benefits (see below)
* Ideal candidate will be interested in mind-body medicine, nutrition, and/or wellness and in the mission of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine (cmbm.org).
* No cubicles! Casual dress code! Friendly people! Hard work on worthy causes!
* Metro/bus accessible.
Location and Travel requirements:
* Based in Washington, DC (near Nebraska Ave. and Connecticut Ave.)
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience.
* The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM) is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit cmbm.org.
The benefits package includes:
* 3 weeks of paid annual vacation
* 5 days of paid sick leave
* Health and dental insurance
* Optional 401K plan
* Smart Benefits Plan with Washington DC Metro
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish/English or Arabic/English) preferred. Both verbal and written fluency.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
* Please email your cover letter and resume by August 6 COB with the subject "CMBM Program Coordinator Job” to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can address your cover letter to Maureen Rieras.
* CMBM will interview selected candidates the week of August 13 with an anticipated start date of September 10, 2018.
* Only selected candidates will be contacted; no calls or drop-ins, please.