Details: $130000 - $131000 per year
Requisition ID: req1588
Job Title: Director, Finance Operations
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, along with information technology infrastructure and applications initiatives and key processes that will deliver to the strategic objectives.
The Director, Finance Operations will be responsible for creating and driving improvements to Finance operations across the IRC. The Director will ensuring that changes to existing processes are covered by appropriate policies, align with global financial strategies and have appropriate internal controls in place.
Representing the business interests of HQ on the ERP project on a day-to-day basis, this role helps to lead business decision-making for ERP solution development and escalate to the HQ and functional Business Owners as appropriate. The lead controls the engagement and management of HQ resources as they pertain to the ERP project.
The role reports to the Deputy CFO with day-to-day collaboration with the HQ Finance team and on the ERP solution, working closely with the project team members, primarily the core team, solution architect and ERP Director in HQ.
Finance Operations & Business Process Design
- Directs the review and revision of existing operating policies and procedures and participates in the development of new policies. Supports a continuous effort of business process improvement and strong controls. Validate finalized work plan for the implementation of process and system improvements and socialize it with the business
- Diagnose and resolve complex business challenges, implementing solutions via new financial models and/or processes
- Drive business transformation - change the current state into a more effective and efficient future state aligned to goals and objectives. Supports the implementation of innovative information technology and methodologies that provide the tools for smooth, transparent operations that improve business goals and systems.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure adoption of process/technical changes are effectively and efficiently rolled out.
ERP Solution Implementation
- Manage the direction of the financial aspects of the ERP design as well as ensuring cross-functional processes and design meets organizational needs.
- Supervise HQ participation in ERP solution testing and quality assurance
- Coordinate planning and execution of ERP solution rollout and support to HQ across Finance, Procurement and HQ managed grants
- Supports the creation, review and approval of detailed "to be" business scenarios, processes, workflows and use cases required as part of the design phase
- Ensure alignment of ERP solution design with current and planned HQ business operational needs.
- Oversee the design of system migration from the existing finance platform to the ERP solution during rollout to all IRC location
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy CFO
Position directly supervises: Senior Finance Business Analyst/ERP Lead Finance; Senior Officer Finance Systems
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- At least 10 years of progressive experience within an NGO environment and fund accounting;
- Experience with ERP implementations, including financial design
- 3-5 years of management experience in the finance function
- Ability to develop strong, strategic partnerships with finance, programs and operations staff
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and ability to anticipate barriers and opportunities.
- Excellent writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to accurately process detailed information
Minimum Education Required