Details: Commensurate with experience
2531 Briarcliff Road Northeast
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
SALARY: The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA
The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF) is the only national, multi-issue Asian and Pacific Islander (AAPI) women’s advocacy organization in the United States. We are building a movement to advance social justice and human rights for AAPI women and girls in the U.S. We implement our vision by increasing the leadership, power and visibility of AAPI women and girls through five strategies: base-building and leadership development; research and public education; policy advocacy, grassroots multi-issue organizing; and strategic collaborations. Founded in 1996, we are a growing and dynamic organization with staff in four cities and local chapters in fifteen cities.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Development Manager is a mid-level position that requires a detail-oriented and passionate person who is attentive and proactive. The Manager will set and guide the strategy for individual donor cultivation, and be able to consistently articulate NAPAWF’s mission and to lift the visibility of AAPI women and girls in the US to our current and potential supporters.
The Development Manager will work closely with the Deputy Director and the Executive Director on a strategy to cultivate donors at all levels, but particularly to build and implement a strategy to generate financial support from current, new, and lapsed donors, as well as major donor prospects to meet and exceed budget goals. Additionally, the Development Manager will manage the grants process and oversee social media as needed.
NAPAWF’s organizational culture encourages effectiveness, connectedness and learning.
· Create and implement a strategy for donor prospecting and cultivation
· Coordinate individual and events fundraising
· Provide support for ED and other staff in individual donor development and membership/ donor campaigns
· Plan and oversee all fundraising event logistics
· Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of development-related collateral
· Utilize and maintain prospect and donor database as it relates to cultivation
· Maintain grant record-keeping, including tracking deadlines for grant reports and proposals
· Plan and coordinate timelines for proposals and reports, including internal writing deadlines and submission deadlines
· Other duties as assigned
NAPAWF is seeking a seasoned Development Manager who has at least 3 years of fundraising experience, supporting a complex (number and variety of constituents) development strategy and responsible for donor communications and prospecting, and grant processes. This person will be customer service oriented and will possess excellent people skills.
· Commitment to the mission, values, aspirations of the organization.
· Experience and cultural competence working in the AAPI community in a social justice context.
· Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing donor cultivation strategies
· Excellent communication skills
· A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
· Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
· Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
· Proven track record of retaining and generating new and return support through individual donors
· Able to be self-directed and organized
· Knowledgeable in donor retention strategies
· Ability to work flexible hours and travel.
· Salesforce database, SalsaLabs and other CRM platforms knowledge a big plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer). Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
This position is based in an office setting.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Very generous benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (for self and family), 15 vacation days in first year, sick leave, 403b employer contributions, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and four references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.