- New Virginia Majority (NVM) is Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization that mobilizes and organizes voters of color and residents across the state. Our year-round approach to organizing involves mass scale voter outreach, linked to ongoing community organizing campaigns and intensive leadership development. NVM is currently expanding its team. We are seeking conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to social change.
NVM has been at the forefront of voter protection efforts in Virginia, including election administration monitoring, legislative advocacy, policy development, and public engagement. NVM also works on several initiatives to expand access to the ballot box, including the restoration of voting rights for the formerly incarcerated.
Working with regional staff, as well as with local and state coalition partners, the Deputy Political Director will be responsible for coordinating a statewide voter registration program. The Deputy Political Director reports to the Political Director.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least two cycles of voter registration experience, preferably more - experience in Virginia is strongly preferred;
- Experience managing a field team;
- Experience in large voter registration programs;
- Experience creating plans, meeting goals, and maintaining systems to hold others accountable;
- Ideal candidate has knowledge about Virginia election and voter registration laws;
- Strong organizational skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to multitask effectively and manage conflicting priorities;
- Experience hiring staff;
- Experience running staff and volunteer trainings;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build one-on-one relationships and facilitate productive, positive group cultures;
- Self-motivated and willing to travel and work long hours (including nights and weekends);
- Strong knowledge of VAN, experience with Blocks preferred;
This position is full-time and is eligible for NVM’s full package of benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as monthly phone and transportation allowances. Salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, salary history and 3 references to HR@virginianewmajority.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organizes in communities yearround for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.