The Restitution Program is responsible for the collection and disbursement of court-ordered restitution to reimbursed crime victim for their related losses.
· Assist the Restitution Director with the daily management of program operations;
· Perform reconciliations of case information to ensure accuracy;
· Prepare statistical reports;
· Analyze the accounts receivable and accounts payable electronic records;
· Assist with the distribution of restitution funds;
· Monitor areas of risk;
· Assist the Director in the development of program policies and protocol manuals;
· Ensure staff are actively engaged in the Case Explorer System providing training and support;
· Act as a liaison with outside agencies and organizations regarding ongoing restitution awards and disbursements;
· Provide support, as needed, in any of the Restitution locations within the five boroughs of NYC
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, and or equivalent related experience.
· A minimum of one to three years accounting experience;
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
· Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical skills;
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required