2121 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Sr. Communications Analyst assists the Chief Policy Officer in developing, promoting, and maintaining an organization-wide communications strategy that reflects the NRMP’s mission and priorities. Communications activities include managing social media posts and activities; drafting and issuing a monthly e-newsletter; drafting press releases for general public and media outlets; developing and maintaining public website content; revising and streamlining emails to constituents; drafting reports for the Board of Directors; creating graphics to enhance communications; and other duties as assigned. The analyst will assist the NRMP in achieving the following goals: (1) strengthening the NRMP’s position as the leading source of information about residency and fellowship Matches for the medical education community, media, public officials, and other constituencies; (2) ensuring the NRMP’s website, social media, e-newsletters, and other electronic resources are effective and useful communication tools for applicants, institutions, programs, and other constituencies; and (3) serving the information needs of constituents as they relate to the Matching Program and other major issues important to graduate medical education.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS SOUGHT
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related area. A Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in relevant program and content development is required, preferably in a higher education, medical education, or healthcare association setting.
Critical skills and experience sought include:
- Knowledge of WordPress content management system required; knowledge of Cision/PR Newswire, Constant Contact, and Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Knowledge of or strong interest in learning about graduate medical education and the Match process
- Experience managing social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Experience analyzing and translating information to colleagues. executive leadership, and the press
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication; consistently able to identify and effectively message in “voice” that is appropriate for the project/audience
- Strong proofreading, editing, and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities, often with inflexible deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex business rules, policies, and data into easily understood language for Matching Program participants and other third parties
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with external consultants, technical staff, and the media
- Ability to function well under pressure and maintain professional demeanor during peak periods in the Match process
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and a writing sample/work product to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SR. COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST.” Please provide a brief description of the writing sample/work product (e.g., intended purpose, goals/aim in creating the work product) as needed.