901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Bilingual Programs Specialist (BPS) in the Attorney/Client Relations Program (A/CRP) in the Regulation Counsel department. This position provides case management and paralegal support to the Clients’ Security Fund (the Fund). The BPS also provides back-up paralegal support to the Attorney/Client Arbitration Board (ACAB) on an as-needed basis. The BPS reports to the Manager, A/CRP (MA/CRP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains and ensures the confidentiality of the Fund and the ACAB.
2. Performs intake for the Fund, to include: assisting parties with filing claims for reimbursement, organizing parties’ filings, and gathering additional information needed to complete the filing.. Drafts case summaries for claims filed with the Fund.
3. Answers and responds to written and telephone inquiries about the Fund, including general inquiries for information about the Fund.
4. Assigns claims to trustees and monitors parties’ submission deadlines under the supervision of the MA/CRP.
5. Coordinates meeting logistics: sets-up and schedules trustee meetings; arranges for the use of audio-visual equipment, room reservations and other meeting needs, including compiling meeting material and copying the Fund agenda packets for regular committee meetings, under the supervision of the MA/CRP. Attends committee meetings.
6. Assists parties in all filings with the Fund, in-person, by mail, and by electronic mail.
7. Drafts correspondence, memoranda, reports, minutes of meetings, and other documents.
8. Maintains the Fund case files, including parties’ and claimants’ submissions and exhibits, program notebooks, and other records. Responsible for timely mailing and courier delivery of parties’ submissions in Fund claims to trustees.
9. Inputs and maintains case dockets for the Fund.
10. Inputs and maintains records of trustees, including contact information, applications, committee rosters and committee meeting schedules.
11. Produces program activity reports, statistical graphs, and written reports.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides back-up paralegal support to the Attorney/Client Arbitration Board (ACAB) on an as-needed basis.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS from an accredited college or university with a minimum of two years relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to six or more years.
2. Fluency in Spanish; must be able to communicate in writing and verbally in Spanish, including ability to translate legal documents from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish.
3. Two or more years of experience working in a membership association, a similar non-profit organization or a law office is a plus.
4. Experience drafting interactive legal pleadings, legal correspondence, and/or legal documents.
5. Experience with current law office technology, including current Apple and Windows operating systems and law office case management applications.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to summarize information clearly and accurately in written communications.
7. Must work well under pressure, have excellent organizational abilities, be able to set and meet deadlines, be able to manage several priorities in a day; must be adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
8. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
9. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, the public, and Bar employees.
10. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefit package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DC Bar has an excellent benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish; must be able to communicate in writing and verbally in Spanish, including ability to translate legal documents from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website: