Full Time Temporary
Continuing the work of its founder, Joe Papp, The Public Theater is a civic institution engaging with some of the most important ideas and social issues of today. As one of the nation’s first nonprofit theaters, The Public has long operated on the principles that theater is an essential cultural force and that art and culture belong to everyone. The Public’s programming includes an annual season at its home at Astor Place, Free Shakespeare in the Park at the Delacorte Theater, The Mobile Unit, Public Forum, Under the Radar, Public Studio, Public Works, Public Shakespeare Initiative, and Joe’s Pub.
The Public Theater seeks a temporary full-time Assistant, Development Operations to serve as primary data entry for a high volume department. A successful candidate is a highly competent development professional, with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a capability to meet deadlines and prioritize competing demands. The individual in this position will support gift processing, acknowledgements and data integrity for a fast-paced office.
· Assist in entry of all gifts, pledges, payments and billing in Tessitura
· Produce/generate acknowledgement receipts and cover letters
· Assist in data update needs to donor records including prospect solicitation changes, wealth ratings and rankings, and ad hoc data appends
· Provide support in testing online behavior for donor events such as Partner Evenings, annual Gala, etc.
· Review quality assurance measures to monitor data entry
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with proficient knowledge of Tessitura preferred
· Basic understanding of accounting
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
· Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions and in business writing
· Ability to manage time appropriately, set priorities and tasks, and work efficiently
· Understanding of Public Theater mission, strategies and programming
· Relationship management skills
· Knowledge of fundraising discipline, technologies and processes
· Ability to manage among multiple concurrent projects with competing and unpredictable schedules
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com