Details: Commensurate with experience
Action Civics CA is the California chapter of Mikva Challenge. Building off of a 20-year legacy in Chicago, we are a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to develop youth to be empowered, informed, and active citizens and community members who will promote a just and equitable society. We are a dynamic youth empowerment agency that provides middle and high school students with unique civic learning opportunities and hands-on experiences in community organizing, public policy advocacy, and youth activism programs. We do this by engaging youth in Action Civics, an authentic and transformative learning process built on youth voice and youth expertise.
The Action Civics CA chapter is a small and quickly growing team, seeking an energetic and creative professional to expand our grant writing and development capacity. The Development Coordinator reports to the California Site Director and should be flexible in their ability to support the robust and high quality work of the chapter and its programming in multiple ways. The primary responsibilities for the Coordinator will be grant research, writing, submission, and reporting along with cultivating and recruiting Action Civics CA stakeholders, implementing youth-based and cultivation events, and maintaining a highly organized database of prospects and outreach in the organization’s CRM.
• Research, write, edit, submit, and maintain grant proposals
• Actively seek new funding opportunities while developing strategies for increasing and deepening a broader base of donors to support the organization
• Cull and develop fundraising pipeline of foundational and individual sources within Mikva’s current constituents and prospective connections
• Support on the execution of proven engagement strategies that result in both donor retention and increased giving
• Support the cultivation of prospective donors and stewardship of current stakeholders through the management of special events and regular communication
• Supports team on admin, social media, marketing, and outreach communication
• Attend and support special youth-based program events
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Administration, Business Administration, English, or a closely related field with practical, hands-on experience
• Minimum of 2 years of progressively productive fundraising experience
• Communications experience and strong writing and storytelling skills
• Experience working in teams as well as independently and taking initiative
• Experience working in social justice or youth serving organizations
● Thoroughly understand the mission of Action Civics CA / Mikva Challenge and serve as an enthusiastic, effective advocate of these initiatives within the community
● Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, internal staff, volunteers, donors, executives, and funding partners
● Interest in youth development and a dedication to promoting the organization’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with executive team, Board members, and volunteers
● Action-oriented and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in team
● Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
● Strategic thinker, highly organized, demonstrated hands-on experience with proven ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet deadlines
● Strong computer skills with both Mac and PC environments and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salsa or a similar CRM database
Action Civics CA / Mikva Challenge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Candidates chosen to be interviewed should be prepared to offer three professional references and a writing sample upon request.
Interested candidates should please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Development Coordinator in the subject line. Final candidates would be asked to submit a writing sample. Please, no phone calls.
Action Civics CA / Mikva Challenge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
English; Spanish, a plus
Minimum Education Required