2 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking an Collections Associate at its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Education & Training Programs Manager
The International Institute of New England (IINE) seeks an outgoing and organized professional to work collaboratively with our operations, finance, and education teams to connect our financial and internal processes with our adult student population. IINE offers Adult Continuing Education classes (currently English, Skills Training, Driver’s Education) at below-market rates to Greater Boston’s immigrant community. The program is growing quickly, and expect to serve more than 400 adults within two years.
The Collections Associate will get to know each student, manage, collect, and track fee collections, assist students with payment needs and options, and report financial information to our accounting office. S/he will take the lead in ensuring that our students are paying fees in a timely fashion. We are seeking someone who will use strong customer service skills to guide students through payment procedures. Because the position requires a person to work when students are in class, the proposed schedule is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and 12 Noon to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. IINE may add weekend classes in the future, which would necessitate the Collections Associate working occasionally on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all student payment plans for those enrolled in in our Adult Continuing Education program.
- Manage the collection of fees and ensure students are paying in accordance with their agreed upon payment plans.
- Design and implement payment plans, in accordance with policies, that meet student needs and accommodate the requirements of the program.
- Maintain the student collections database.
- Update student records in our database.
- Interface with students in a manner that demonstrates sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Forward tuition payments daily to the Finance Office.
- Prepare weekly collection reports for the Finance Office.
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Collections experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read, write and speak additional languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Ability to complete tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on your own, but also collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to create or change processes; this is a new program for IINE, and we are seeing strong growth.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus, though IINE will provide training.
- Understanding of and affinity for IINE mission and culture
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources (email@example.com) with their name and position in the subject line. In the cover letter, please be sure to include the following:
- Salary expectations
- Any work or volunteer work done with refugees or immigrants
- Languages spoken
Qualified applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.