The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ (“32BJ SEIU”) is at the forefront of building the nation’s labor movement, supporting progressive candidates for elected office and moving a broad policy agenda, including campaigns to guarantee living wages and expand access to health care for all working people. SEIU 32BJ also runs an impactful organizing program aimed at raising standards for security officers, airport workers, cleaners, residential maintenance workers and institutional food service workers. For more information please see http://www.seiu32bj.org.
32BJ SEIU is offering a three-month internship for a talented individual with organizing or campaign experience. The Digital Organizing Intern will work with Organizing and Communications staff to help identify, develop and implement uses for SEIU’s peer-to-peer messaging platform. This includes:
- Working with participating departments to identify strategic use of Purple Spoke to engage members in Union campaigns and events;
- Being fully responsible for a number of Purple Spoke campaigns from set up to completion;
- Working with a supervisor to integrate and coordinate Purple Spoke outreach into field and other outreach channels;
- Setting up and implementing Purple Spoke “Text-a-thons” with member leaders;
- Setting up and training others on Purple Spoke (Field Representative, member leaders, other Union staff);
- Serving as the Purple Spoke troubleshooter;
- Providing analyses of Purple Spoke campaigns.
Qualified candidates should have organizing or campaign experience, must be strong writers, and must have the ability to quickly learn and use an on-line peer to peer messaging platform. The ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish, and familiarity with labor unions is preferred. This internship is for three months and pays $15 to $20 hourly, depending on experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at HR@seiu32bj.org. Please use the title “Digital Organizer” in the Subject line of your email.
32BJ SEIU is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.