YWCA of New York is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. The YWCA of the City of New York is seeking a dynamic, caring, creative and results oriented professional to develop and implement a leading-edge education and youth development program. The Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and over site of our after school program at P.S. 90 Brooklyn, N.Y. Program leadership includes managing staff and the development of academic and youth development programming. The Program Director reports directly to the Managing Director of Out-of-School Time Initiatives. Key attributes of a successful Program Director is the ability to manage complex and detailed tasks simultaneously; effectively integrate program philosophy and management policies consistent with organization’s mission and goals; to utilize of analytical skills and creativity to develop and implement program initiatives; and the ability to work collaboratively and independently as necessary with key stakeholders and partnering organizations.
- Develop and implement appropriate enrichment and accelerated curricula in math, literacy, youth development, health and wellbeing, college access, career exploration, leadership and service learning
- Ensure that all YW staff model respectful interactions, tolerance and demonstrate caring and consistent behavior toward youth
- Coordinate student recruitment and retention initiatives
- Coordinate a comprehensive parent engagement strategy including; communication methods, parent workshops, meetings, and opportunities for parental participation in program events and activities.
- Ensure staff availability and accountability to parents and students
- Develop strong relationships with school staff and faculty to promote student success
- Oversee grants administration required by contracts including evaluation, grant reporting, budgets and Human Resources documentation
- Track, monitor and document student attendance data and progress in performance management database
- Track program budget expenditures
- Hire, train and supervise staff with input from the Managing Director of Out of School Time Initiatives
- Collaborate with other program staff on agency, and program-wide projects
- Articulate the organization’s mission and programmatic goals to program staff, school and community partners
- Fulfilling all other duties deemed vital to the function of the organization by the President and CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a middle school educational setting
- Experience facilitating and developing experiential learning programs
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
- Solid computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite, internet research and outcome database
- Bilingual (Spanish or other) preferred
- Commitment to promoting YWCA’s social justice mission, educational and youth development philosophy.
Salary range: high $40K’s to Low $50K’s, Salary commensurate with credentials and experience. Competitive benefits.
The YWCA of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alien status, citizenship status, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other classification protected by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.