International Literacy Association (www.literacyworldwide.org) is a non-profit literacy Association located in Newark, Delaware. We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor that has experience in a non-profit setting supervising employees. The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the accounting team. Maintaining ILA’s financial records and accounts for the receipt and disbursement of all funds related to these records. Assisting the Director of Finance in administering the financial management of the Association. The position will also we be responsible for the following job duties:
Primary/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations. Monitor daily performance of the accounting department.
· Manage disbursement of all funds ensuring that authorizations are in place, coding is correct, and invoices are paid in a timely manner.
· Responsible for the receipt of all funds ensuring that they are recorded properly, and bank balances are maintained and controlled.
· Prepare timely and accurate bank reconciliations for all Association cash accounts. Manage funds and transfers between accounts when necessary and appropriate.
· Manage month-end and year-end close and all associated entries and processes to ensure management reports and all other financial information distributed is timely and accurate.
· Manage annual audit. Provide audit firm with all requested data. Remain available to audit team during week of fieldwork.
· Maintain the Association’s fixed asset system.
· Coordinate the maintenance of the credit and collection process.
· Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures. Initiate improvements and efficiencies to procedures as needed.
· Responsible for the operation of the Finance Office at the Annual Conference.
· Provide analysis and special reporting as requested.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Degree in Accounting required
· Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a non-profit accounting setting
· Must demonstrate experience using technology for managerial reporting and business process analysis
· Strong communication skills, problem-solving ability, and flexibility is essential
· Experience with Intacct accounting system is helpful
International Literacy Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a flexible work environment with a generous benefit package. We offer medical, dental, life, long term disability, defined contribution plan, and a generous sick and vacation package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required