322 8th Avenue
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Your Position with TNC
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York Program! The Office Manager will work as part of the New York City team, coordinating tasks related to several functional activities such as operational support, meetings management, special events, facilities management, reception, safety, and volunteer programs, etc.
We are looking for an individual with excellent people skills who can manage and coordinate multiple tasks and understands the value of a supporting role to the smooth operation and success of a fast-paced office. The Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day office administration tasks and activities and will implement tactics for approved plans and for improving work flow. This position requires a self-starter who pays attention to detail and is tech savvy. The Office Manager will work with team members in programs across the Conservancy and will be the face of the Conservancy for trustees, donors, volunteers, partners, members and the public. We appreciate a collaborative, inclusive approach and encourage innovative ideas and actions.
· Bachelor’s degree and 1-year related office management experience or equivalent combination;
· Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading;
· Experience performing one or more administrative processes;
· Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines; and
· Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems;
· Ability to apply research skills;
· Ability to write and edit written materials for use with program communications and special events;
· Excellent customer service skills and focus;
· Database skills, including managing and tracking data and producing reports.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46958 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST November 9th 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.