Full-time, Temporary (October 2020 – April 2022)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill positions in Division Management & Systems Coordination that will provide key support for the Bureau's work of tracking and investigating COVID-19 in New York City. Here, their primary responsibility is troubleshooting and resolving errors, and throughout their work they must log details and provide customers with updates. When not fixing issues, they assist other bureaus\groups by contributing to product development (deployments\upgrades\etc...) and improving internal processes (IT). We are seeking to fill a Project Support Engineer\Manager position in the Division of Information Technology’s Bureau of IT Strategy and Project Management to work closely with Division Management & Systems Coordination. This position will provide key support for the Bureau’s work of tracking and investigating COVID-19 in New York City. It is expected that this position will work 35 hours per week.
Product Support Engineer\Manager Job Skills
· Problem-solving skills - Excel at resolving problems encountered by users, whether these require only quick fixes or major collaborative efforts across various departments
· Technical expertise - Ability to acquire a deep understanding of the product they handle as well as the processes behind it
· Customer service - Communicate well with customers, paying attention to their concerns and providing clear, regular updates for ongoing requests
· Attention to detail - Mindful of details since their tasks include creating extensive documentation, tracking errors, and making changes to products
· Multitasking - Can balance technical issues from multiple customers at the same time, along with other responsibilities such as writing reports and participating in development
· 3+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
· BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
· Motivation to learn new skills and technologies
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· Good time-management skills
· Knowledge of SQL Server (Queries, Management Studio, Debugging SQL issues, etc.)
· Knowledge of Source Repository Technologies (SVN, TFS)
· Knowledge of Project and issue tracking software (JIRA, MS Project, etc...)
· Working knowledge of MS software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint)
· Experience with web servers (Apache Tomcat)
· Knowledge of SDLC and project management experience preferred
· Candidates with experience in Conduent’s MAVEN software, data exchange/ETL software, disease surveillance and/or public health experience are preferred
· Candidates with XML messages and XML framework, HL7 messages and HL7 parsing tools are preferred
This position is located at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Gotham Center, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience, 35 hours per week.
This position will be hired through a staffing agency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position, to here.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
Full-time, Temporary (October 2020 – April 2022)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in…