Program Manager, Technical Vocational Education Training (call for applications)
- Job posted by Institute of International Education
IIE’s mission is to help people and organizations leverage the power of international education and thrive in today’s interconnected world. IIE develops and implements many of the world’s most effective and prestigious competitive awards. The Institute of International Education seeks a Project Manager for an anticipated program located in Jordan. This program will provide Syrian refugees with support services to help them stay enrolled in university and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs, in addition to building community engagement around higher education and TVET issues. The program will include outreach to TVET and higher education providers, as well as other stakeholders that work with Syrian refugees. We anticipate a 2-year program duration.
This is a call for applications. This position is contingent upon funding. Deadline for Applications is April 1. This position can be located in Amman, Jordan.
- Conduct outreach to TVET and higher education providers in Jordan, as well as other stakeholders that work with Syrian refugees.
- Lead the selection process for participants, including reviewing applications, arranging to receive the required application documentation, and conducting finalist interviews
- Coordinate payments to participants in collaboration with other IIE teams
- Draft budget and program narrative reporting documents
- Manage the work of technical consultants contributing to the program
- Develop and deliver soft-skills workshops, and information and advocacy workshops for TVET and higher education in communities throughout Jordan
- Oversee a virtual platform for participants and facilitate online discussions to enrich participants’ program experience
- Provide student advising with support from IIE’s Advising team
- Work with an M&E consultant to develop M&E plan, with guidance from IIE’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team
Education and Work Experience:
- Master degree in relevant field is preferred, such as international education, higher education, international development, etc.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with refugee populations is required.
Other knowledge Skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of TVET education in Jordan
- Strong knowledge of higher education system in Jordan
- Demonstrated experience working with Syrian refugees in Jordan, and experience working with UNHCR and other stakeholders in the humanitarian assistance sector
- Bi-lingual English/Arabic
- Comfort with online learning platforms
- Experience with scholarship management
- Experience developing budget and program reports
- Experience facilitating workshops, particularly for leadership skills and other soft skills
- Experience with student advising, especially for disadvantaged and refugee students.
- Ability to work independently, handle a complex and high touch client group
- Ability to monitor and manage a complex scope of work and contract
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
26 - 50%
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply