43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is seeking a dynamic leader to oversee programming offered at our Sunnyside Up Universal Prek in Sunnyside, Queens. This position is a non-teaching position although the director should be ready to step in as needed. This position starts full time for 12 months starting in the summer.
This program is a part of a continuum of youth and family services offered by SCS, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, a career readiness program, a college readiness program, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Oversee a full-day pre- k program for 36 students
- Supervise a team of staff including two teachers and three assistant teachers.
- Step in to teaching roles in the event of an absence or special need
- Develop and implement an outreach strategy to ensure the program is fully enrolled
- Lead and train staff in the development of engaging programming that responds to the needs and interests of children and the requirements of DOE
- Ensure that program activities are tracked and met
- Monitor and respond to program evaluations to ensure that the program is providing high quality services and continuously improving
- Work in partnership with supervisors and the SCS fiscal department to monitor expenses and ensure funds are spent in accordance with the program budget
- Attends meetings relevant to role such as agency directors’ meetings and funder sponsored contractor meetings
- Ensure that the program meets all health and safety requirements mandated by the Department of Health
- Other duties as assigned
- A baccalaureate degree in early childhood education or related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- State Education Department teacher certificate in early childhood education or equivalent. Professional or Permanent Teaching Certificated required.
- At least two years’ experience as a group teacher in a Pre-K for all program.
- Prior management experience in a pre-school environment
- First Aid and CPR certificates as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Cleared background check and fingerprints indicating ability to work with youth.
- Computer proficient. Pre- Kids portal experience preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Lilian Yagual or mail to 43-31 36th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Pre-K Director” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity