1016 16th St NW
Do you have experience in nonprofit financial and accounting practices and an understanding of office administration? Are you interested in working in a small, fast-moving, lively, and demanding work environment? Are you cheerful, bright, friendly, and eager?
If so, we’re looking for you! We are the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, the nation’s leading K-12 education policy think-tank. We are currently seeking a talented Finance & Operations Manager for our Washington, D.C. office. This position reports to the Institute’s Vice President for Finance and Operations.
The Finance & Operations Associate’s financial duties include:
- managing Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable;
- maintaining meticulous financial records in QuickBooks;
- preparing semi-monthly payroll journal entries
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Recording changes in multiple alternative investment accounts
- maintaining our financial filing system;
- working closely with senior staff to build and track program and organizational budgets;
- preparing state, local, and federal forms for filing throughout the year;
- preparing schedules for annual audit and 990 returns;
- resolving billing disputes and handling other financial matters.
The Finance & Operations Manager’s administrative duties include:
- monitoring the health of office equipment, including staff computers, network server and printers, copiers, databases, iPhones, video conferencing, and phone systems.
- serving as the liaison to all third-party vendor services;
- assisting the Vice President for Finance and Operations with human resources administration;
- Monitoring offices facilities to ensure they are in good working order, coordinating maintenance staff and contractors as warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in finance or accounting.
- At least three years of financial/accounting experience, including familiarity with QuickBooks, accounting, and paying bills. Nonprofit accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Computer skills in MS Office applications as well as e-mail prowess.
- Experience with managing a MS Server network environment and advanced computer troubleshooting skills are preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people, from interns to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent computational and financial skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments.
- A willingness to work hard, to learn, and to do everything necessary to support your colleagues is essential.
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive salary plus generous health insurance, 403(b) retirement support, vacation benefits, and parking/transit reimbursement for full-time employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The position is located in our national office in downtown Washington, D.C.
Minimum Education Required