50 Rivington Street
Digital Marketing Executive, Frontier Office, London, UK
To implement the online marketing strategy of Frontier including website development & management, social media and email marketing campaigns. The role also includes online and print media design.
This is a thrilling opportunity for a proactive Digital Marketing Executive to work with one of the world's leading non-profit conservation and youth travel organisations. The Digital Marketing Executive position will be the first within the company and be at the forefront of the implementation of various exciting projects.
In this role, you will be a powerful amplifier of Frontier’s work, leveraging resources across the organisation and our network to get the word out about us and drive key metrics for the promotion and growth of the organisation and what we do.
You will manage a team of interns to produce high quality digital content and work widely across the organisation to bring together all activity relating to digital marketing – and translate it into an effective digital strategy for Frontier across online search, directories, social media, email communications and through our advertising partners.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop the website (Design & Content), blog and social media networks.
- Creating new initiatives to maximise volunteer recruitment opportunities;
- Initiate, plan and implement new initiatives to increase brand awareness through content marketing;
- Liaising with staff in our London HQ and on our overseas projects to generate marketing and content features;
- Design online and print promotional materials;
- Manage and develop social networks – both paid & organic (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram);
- Continual improvement of the organic growth of the website through SEO;
- Maintenance of Frontier’s blog including overseeing content generated by junior staff
- Creating monthly and weekly reports on activities and performance measurement against agreed KPI’s and project milestones
- Identifying and exploring new areas for promotion and marketing of Frontier’s opportunities
• Strong technical experience of web development and management. HTML, Dreamweaver, CSS etc.
• Strong knowledge and experience of Photoshop, InDesign and fundamental graphic design concepts. Producing videos through Adobe Premiere Pro a plus.
• Ability to produce HTML email templates. Experience of using an email programme like Mailchimp or Dotmailer.
• A good understanding of latest SEO guidelines, on-page and off-page. Use of Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
• Experience of producing quality content and imagery for use in Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn) and also paid advertising.
• Familiarity with Google PPC and Google Analytics a big plus.
• Autonomy and self-sufficiency – some prior management experience a plus
• An excellent written and verbal communicator. Organised and efficient.
• A desire to expand and develop a career in digital marketing within the non-profit sector
• Creativity, enthusiasm and a passion for Frontier’s mission
Terms & Conditions
- 9:30am – 5:30pm during weekdays and one Saturday every month.
- £18,000 - £20,000 per annum (dependent upon skills and experience).
- 20 working days year excluding public and bank holidays
- Educated to degree level
- Strong Knowledge of HTML 4/5, website design, Dreamweaver, CSS
- Experience of webpage creation and coding from scratch or template
- Good knowledge of the latest SEO practices. Use of Google Search Console
- Building email templates through HTML
- Email marketing through MailChimp
- Strong Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign. Working understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro a big plus
- Extensive knowledge of using Social Media in a professional setting. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram (Paid & Organic)
- Writing Content for the website and social channels. Guiding Marketing Interns to produce content
- Knowledge of travel and conservation issues
- Experience of working with NGOs
- Knowledge and interest in youth/ popular culture
- Familiarity with Google PPC and Google Analytics a big plus
- Managing junior staff / Interns
- Experience of working in a dynamic marketing environment
- Experience of communicating across a broad spectrum of media
- Marketing agency experience
- Experience in travel marketing
- Excellent written/oral English
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and liaison skills
- Administrative and time management skills
- Good IT skills, particularly a good working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing
- Ability to work with limited supervision, and to be a proactive member of the team
- Commitment to conservation
- Flexible approach
- High attention to detail
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- Awareness of changing trends and innovations
Minimum Education Required