The Senior Finance Associate is an integral part of the finance and accounting team which spans multiple offices. Primary responsibilities include accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, cash receipts, month-end close, and other finance-related tasks.
Founded in 1998, the Forum for Youth Investment is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan “action tank” committed to changing the odds that all children and youth are ready for college, work and life. The Forum connects leaders to ideas, services and networks that can help them make more intentional decisions that are good for young people, even in the face of limited resources. It helps leaders who are trying to improve & align policies, plan & partner for impact, and/or strengthen programs & adult practice across all the systems and settings where young people spend time. The Forum manages a number of centers and networks, including the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality, the Detroit Youth Development Resource Center, and SparkAction.
The Forum is a thriving organization with a budget of over $11 million, a staff of over 50, and a headquarters in Washington DC, with additional offices in Michigan and New York. It is funded by a mix of foundations and corporations along with a growing fee-for-service contract base. For more information, please visit http://www.forumfyi.org/.
· Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
· Ensure accurate coding for all accounting transactions.
· Prepare credit card reconciliations for corporate cards.
· Process bank deposits.
· Prepare monthly schedules for depreciation, prepaid expenses, and other general ledger accounts.
· Prepare entries for all payroll and banking transactions.
· Assist with month-end closing process including expense allocations and financial statement preparation.
· Assist with preparation for annual audit.
· Assist with grant-tracking and reporting.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for clients, vendors, and employees.
· Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have a strong accounting background and will be a highly motivated, organized, technologically savvy and customer service-focused person who meets deadlines and is very effective in time management and attention to detail. They will be professional, personable, ambitious, reliable, and enthusiastic. The successful applicant will be a team player and possess excellent communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· At least 3-5 years of successful work experience in accounting, preferably in a non-profit environment.
· Experience in all aspects of bookkeeping, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, journal entries and month-end close.
· Willingness to do a variety of work ranging from basic data entry to assisting with month-end close and financial statement preparation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and packaged accounting software, and comfortable learning new systems.
· Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, the organization and its mission.
· Ability to deliver superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Work well under pressure and have the ability to be flexible and to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines.
· Be proactive and able to manage tasks and work-flow with minimal supervisory involvement.
· Have an interest in and openness to improving processes and implementing positive change in the department and overall organization.
The position will be based at the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Minimal travel is anticipated. Flexibility is required to adapt to the dynamic work environment of a small non-profit organization that has national exposure and multiple locations. The climate is informal but mission-driven. Excellence is valued in every position.
The Senior Finance Associate is an integral part of the finance and accounting team which spans multiple offices. Primary responsibilities include accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, cash receipts…
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org and enter into the subject line: "Senior Accountant". Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No telephone calls or inquiry emails, please.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com and enter into the subject line: "Senior Accountant". Applications will be reviewed on a rolling…