Details: Commensurate with experience
Why Us: Are you up for a challenge? Do you greet each day with renewed enthusiasm and seek ways to improve the lives of others? Do you want to work for a world class organization where creativity and thinking outside the box are not only welcomed but encouraged and expected? The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization that serves over 1.6 million IBD patients and we need your help in mobilizing resources to find a cure. We’re growing and we’re seeking strong leaders. Could that be you?
Position Summary: The Part Time Walk Coordinator will be responsible for executing the Foundation’s new walk campaign, for the Take Steps Walks for Crohn’s & Colitis in the Milwaukee, WI market. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the campaign.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Implement annual operational plan that includes detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistic plans
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis
- Identify, recruit and mobilize business and community leaders to serve as teams, volunteers and sponsors
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events
- Manage and assure the development of campaign materials required for the success and implementation of Take Steps events
- Provides staff support for volunteers, participants and committees required for the success of Take Steps
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Event management experience; walk experience preferred
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
- Excellent computer skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses:
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Minimum Education Required