Details: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
The Client Services Specialist is a non-exempt, hourly position reporting to the Residential Services or Educational and Counseling Center Program Manager. The position develops and implements a comprehensive response for and with survivors of domestic violence including; case management, crisis intervention, emotional support and advocacy. In addition to carrying a client caseload, the Client Services Specialist will work closely with other teams to ensure an effective, coordinated response to survivors in crisis. The Client Services Specialist will establish a strong presence in the community in an effort to increase understanding of domestic violence and to facilitate accessibility of services offered by the agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates orientation, intake and assessment of survivors into residential shelter
- Develops and updates goal-orientated case/action plans
- Provides crisis intervention, emotional support and case management
- Advocates on behalf of the survivor and family to other agencies
- Maintains up-to-date client files on all client services and program activities; works with Program Manager to provide accurate feedback and data on monthly/quarterly/yearly goals.
- Maintains the safety and security of the shelter against all intruders and unauthorized persons
- Provide accompaniment services to clients on appointments
- Answer crisis calls on the Jenesse hotline
- Identify and create opportunities to represent Jenesse Center to supportive agencies and the community
- Attend training and other staff meetings as required
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must support Jenesse's mission and philosophy and be able to function within a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic crisis center setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be self directed and able to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Jenesse Center is a smoke-free workplace. Therefore, the candidate must be able to work in a smoke-free environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening and background check.
- Jenesse is a 24-hour shelter program. Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule respective to program needs including working evenings, weekends or overnight, if needed.
- Must complete 40-hours of domestic violence training within six months of employment.
Minimum Education/Experience and other Requirements:
AA degree or 2 years related experience required. Valid CA driver’s license; valid full coverage auto insurance.
Minimum Education Required