241 Oneida Avenue
The Employment Specialist will have case management skills, youth development expertise, and is committed to providing exceptional support to youth as they pursue their career goals. This individual will be reliable, responsible, patient, professional, and consistent. Candidates must be capable of successfully supporting Transitional Age Youth (ages 18-24) with the development of professional skills and the attainment of employment. Under the direction of the Empowerment to Employment (E2E) Program Director, the Employment Specialist will coordinate and implement employment preparedness workshops, maintain and foster connections with other Urban Services program providers, and provide opportunities for youth participants to succeed, develop job skills, and foster healthy personal and professional growth. Because data entry is a major component of this position, the Employment Specialist must be detail-oriented.
· You are interested in helping youth discover their potential.
· You are a team player and can multi-task in a competent manner with a pleasant demeanor.
· You build strong, trusting relationships.
· You are an advocate for the well-being of youth.
· You are a role model who demonstrates caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
· You are a sound decision maker and problem solver.
- Daily, consistent accessible support to program participants throughout their participation in the Empowerment to Employment program.
- Provide specialized assistance to participants in the areas of career guidance and employment.
- Develop and lead information, orientation, and professional skills workshops.
- Create and administer assessment instruments and interpret results.
- Advise participants on program requirements and monitor progress toward certificate completion and job attainment (including individual meetings with participants on a regular basis).
- Refer participants to appropriate support resources within and outside of Urban Services.
- Provide information to prospective participants, prospective employment partners, and the community about the Empowerment to Employment program.
- Manage case files, notes, and digital records.
- Work effectively and equitably as part of a case management team as well as with program administrators and instructors.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, values and goals of Urban Services YMCA
- Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in a work force development enterprise, serving the best interests of the participants.
- Supervise and engage students during job preparedness workshops.
- Provide job development-related case manage up to 25 youth;
- Plan and implement curriculum as assigned by the Program Director;
- Lead daily activities as assigned by the Program Director;
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of program participants;
- Provide youth leadership opportunities;
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the youth at all times;
- Follow all agency and program policies at all times;
- Maintain attendance records and assist with snack preparation/distribution;
- Organize and maintain program supplies, equipment, and facility;
- Coordinates and participates in mandatory fundraisers and special events;
- Interacts professionally and appropriately with participants, employment partners, and Program Director at all times;
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and ongoing training opportunities;
- Meet regularly with the Program Director to discuss updates and professional development;
- Perform other related duties as needed.
· Minimum age requirements of 21 and older.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Availability to work Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm + additional hours as required
· Related work experience in Workforce Development and Placement programs
$21-$22/hour. FT, Non-Exempt.
Medical and dental.
Extensive training opportunities; including Child Abuse Preventions, CPR/First Aide, Youth Development and Restorative practices
YMCA gym membership
Accrued sick time/PTO
Retirement after 2,000 hours completed consecutively over 2 years of employment
We serve the people of our community in a welcoming, hopeful environment. Staff of varying backgrounds, viewpoints and life stages collaborate, determined to accomplish goals and nurture relationships. From the pool deck to our childcare sites, staffs are genuine and connected to supporting each other and the community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions that do not contain a cover letter will not be reviewed.