Details: per hour
639 Bedford Road
With national visibility and local accolades as the tri-state area’s top source for family friendly entertainment, Historic Hudson Valley (www.hudsonvalley.org) educates and entertains more than 300,000 visitors a year through our school programs, house tours, and large-scale special events like the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze and Horseman’s Hollow. Our in-house production department is responsible for creating and delivering our family entertainment events.
Historic Hudson Valley, Westchester County’s largest cultural organization, seeks five Event Production Specialists. The Event Production Specialist will bring his/her demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints and perform mathematical calculations in support of the construction and placement of various scenic elements for each public event. The Event Production Specialist will assist with event set up and take down and will transport scenery to and from the production shop and various Historic Hudson Valley locations.
These are part-time seasonal positions (March – December) that offer and require a lot of flexibility (weekend, holiday, and evening availability are a must). You must be in good physical condition…you will have to do some heavy lifting and moving — of the 40-pound box variety — and be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, three to five years of scenic carpentry experience in an event production or theatre environment; high school diploma or GED; demonstrated proficiency in the use of hand, power and woodworking tools; the ability to understand and follow instructions regarding the assembly of scenic elements; and the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics. Working knowledge of various aspects of stagecraft (e.g. set construction, scenic painting, theatrical property and special effects) is a plus. Additional physical requirements:
· Must be able to walk or stand on level, inclined and unpaved surfaces for extended periods
· Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
· Must be able to crouch, crawl, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, lift in any direction for sustained periods of time
· Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders
· Must be able to sustain movement/motion of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Must be able to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly fingertips
· Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs and ladders
· Must be able to read and interpret written material and instructions
· Must be able to communicate (i.e. clearly express and exchange ideas) by voice and detect sound by ear (e.g. receive detail information and make fine discriminations in sound)
· Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths
· Must be able to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Besides a congenial working environment, starting pay rate of $18.00 per hour and flexible hours, Historic Hudson Valley offers:
· FREE and reduced admission to our events and sites for you and your immediate family
· FREE and reduced admission to other participating historic sites and museums
· Museum shop and café discounts
· Professional development and training
· Working for a highly regarded organization that creates extraordinary experiences for large audiences.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the words “Production Specialist” in the subject line. Candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in Historic Hudson Valley.