If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization, doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Engagement Coordinator temporary, full-time position at United Way of King County (UWKC). United Way of King County is seeking energetic and talented individuals to join a highly focused and successful Development Team for the 2021 Annual Campaign. Each year we hire Engagement Coordinators throughout King County to help raise money for health and human services.
The Engagement Coordinator provides fundraising strategies, volunteer support, and donor cultivation skills to assist local companies in running successful workplace campaigns. In partnership with UWKC staff, the Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting fundraising in an assigned account portfolio. Comprehensive training is provided upon hiring to ensure success in this position. Much of this training will be offered online.
The Engagement Coordinator position provides an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. This is an opportunity to: develop and hone significant skills in sales, customer service, project management, and relationship building; gain valuable contacts and community knowledge; and be part of a positive and supportive team environment.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply. We are also an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
These positions are opened until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
· Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
· Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse audience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Virtual Presentations
· Fundraising, development and/or sales experience appreciated
· Attend mandatory orientation and ongoing training sessions
· Implement workplace fundraising campaign strategies
· Serve as a project manager on tasks and projects in portfolios assigned to you, representing United Way of King County
· Educate company employees and volunteers on the value of giving to United Way to address health and human services issues, including the effects of racial inequities and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in our community.
· Fundraise and ask for employee and corporate contributions
· Participate as part of the Engagement Coordinator team of professionals
· Travel locally as needed for the role (a current driver’s license and proof of insurance is required)
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will preferably possess a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Equivalent fundraising and/or sales experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Compensation and Hours:
· Duration of Position: This is a 15-week commitment from September 7, 2021 to December 17, 2021, with some positions starting August 2, 2021 (for a 20-week commitment).
· Hours: Full Time/approx. 40 hours per week; must be able to work a flexible schedule since companies often have campaign sessions outside of typical business hours. You will receive pay for Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (November 25 & 26).
· Salary: $630/week (Engagement Coordinators qualify for Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time but are not eligible for other UWKC benefits)
· Excellent training and expense reimbursement
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for these positions.***
We would like to hear how your education and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the position. Include in your cover letter your skills and experience in the following areas: teamwork, virtual presentation development, fundraising or sales, project management, communication, and motivation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. If you are hired for the position, you will start off working remotely. UWKC employees are working remotely through September 13, 2021. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our hiring process.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a great non-profit organization, doing important work in our community, please consider applying for the Engagement Coordinator temporary, full-time position at United Way of…
Qualifies for Seattle Paid Sick and Leave Time.
Qualifies for Seattle Paid Sick and Leave Time.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for these positions. Here is the link to that site: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=UWOKC&cws=37&rid=175
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for these positions. Here is the link to that site: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org…