Details: DOE, benefits
For over 37 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
· Clean building common areas and grounds.
· Prepare and clean apartment units for rental.
· Complete routine maintenance requests in building and apartment units.
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
· Maintain minimum building inventory to complete maintenance work at the building.
· Assist the Resident Manager in completing routine inspections in apartment units.
· Refer resident concerns to appropriate staff.
· Seek to provide residents with a safe, positive, and sanitary environment.
· One year prior custodial experience in an apartment setting, or two years’ prior custodial experience in a high- volume, deadline-oriented work environment.
· One year prior general maintenance experience (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) in an apartment setting.
· May be exposed to hazards associated with all weather conditions.
· Ability to complete strenuous work for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop while working in resident apartment maintenance settings and/or in unit rehab job sites, as required.
· Must possess the physical strength, agility, and coordination required to operate hand and power tools and equipment, such as ladders, drills, hammers, snow shovels, etc
· Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
· Have reliable transportation, and be able to meet all traveling requirements of the position.
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Compensation: $16.00 - $17.50 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required