Details: $50000 - $60000 per year
<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Market Research and Sales Analyst (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Reporting to the National Sales Analyst, the Market Research and Sales Analyst (Boston, MA) will drive efficient sales activities through sales intelligence, forecasting and reporting. This person will be responsible for running syndicated reporting packages against key sales metrics, as well as working with Corporate Engagement (CE) team members to determine reporting needs that drive successful sales outcomes. The Market Research and Sales Analyst (Boston, MA) will also be responsible for researching, analyzing and communicating market trends and statistics, and incorporating into strategy for scale to serve more students.
The ideal candidate has the desire to leverage their demonstrated sales operations, business analyst, and market research skills in a mission-driven social enterprise. In order to be successful in this role, you are someone with strong Excel skills, has experience collecting and analyzing CRM data that informs business decisions, and is able to identify gaps in CRM structure that prevent the business from functioning. You are comfortable learning new skills and tools to support both sales analytics and market research pieces as needed, and be willing to validate new processes and reporting packages with a focus on scalability.
In keeping with Year Up's values, the Market Research and Sales Analyst (Boston, MA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Build and run reports in a CRM system, and transfer into Excel and PowerPoint reporting packages
- Act as a thought partner to CE field staff by discussing desired outcomes and goals, and develop actionable reporting
- Continually improve reporting ease of use and self-service in order to reach Year Up growth goals and proactively determine new and evolve existing performance metrics as organization scales
- Drive sales success through analysis of sales trends by developing reporting that identifies best practices that should be syndicated and provide an early warning system for gaps to goals.
- Act as a MRA team business partnerto provide feedback and recommendations to enhance CRM process and workflow changes in support of CE business processes and reporting needs
- Act as reporting expert in CRM support and CE reporting, fielding questions and inquiries
- Build relationships with CE staff to help understanding of KPI's and measurements, and ensure needs are being met and evolve research & analytics as needed
- Ability to field multiple reporting requests and prioritize importance while meeting deadlines
- Responsible for running bi-annual sales cycle site and account scorecards, and ability to critically think and develop new ideas for reporting that can drive success.
- Comfort in running reporting packages that will be used by senior leadership across the national organization
- Accountable for weekly sales metrics reporting for region and National
- Accountable for quarterly sales reporting to National Board
- Act as a thought partner in effectively scaling market research for a large sales team working towards ambitious metrics
- Deliver and communicate strategic research that highlights entry-level employment opportunities with Year Up's corporate partners
- Continuously improve delivery of digestible and meaningful data to guide effective decision-making for site leaders
- Collaborate with MRA Teamto vet and validate market demand of current curriculum and future potential offerings
- Help drive effective pairing of Market Research with Sales Analytics to field CE users so they understand the importance and value of the joint strategy
- Analyze customer experience surveys to identify customer satisfaction gaps in curriculum to tie to overall job market trends
- Research key hiring costs and use to maintain and update external facing customer collateral
- Run key CRM data Quality Audits to ensure accuracy of Salesforce data for business reporting
- Work directly with field CE users, finance & IT to field questions related to CRM competencies, and help users understand how and why to accurately update CRM systems
- Evaluate sales data in CRM on ongoing basis to identify knowledge gaps and drive training or IT resolution with sales support
Site/Learning Community Member
- Serve as an advisor or mentor for a small number of current students
- Participate in and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 3-5 years of experience in operations, business analyst, or data management
- CRM experience with an understanding of objects within the system and their relation to reporting
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and countifs / sumifs formulas) and PowerPoint skills required with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior sales support is a plus
- Preferred experience summarizing, drawing conclusions and presenting data to leadership and sales management
- Demonstrated experience compiling and analyzing data to inform sales strategy and improvements
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and desire to problem solve
- Desire to work in a fluid dynamic organization
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies. Its holistic approach focuses on students' professional and personal development to place talented and motivated young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.
Year Up has served more than 19,500 young adults since its founding in 2000, and will serve more than 4,000 young adults in 2018 nationwide. Year Up currently serves 21 U.S. cities across 16 markets, including Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times for eight consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required